WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I regularly attend estate sales and recently acquired this piece (wind-up). It is so magnificent (IMHO) but I have no idea what the backing is??
It is tempermental and only works when I *don't* pick it up. It's in great conditioner overall.
Can anyone give me info/value on it? ANY help is appreciated!
Thanks!
~Rachel

Front

aa.jpg
aaa.jpg
Back

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Watch would probably be aluminum. Giving values is not permitted on most forums, but I would say not much unless someone collects pendant watches. Lucerne watches are on the cheap side, usually having one jewel movements.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watch would probably be aluminum. Giving values is not permitted on most forums, but I would say not much unless someone collects pendant watches. Lucerne watches are on the cheap side, usually having one jewel movements.
Thank you SO much, Ron! And thank you for informing me of the "no values allowed." That was the perfect information for me to go by :) Again, much appreciated!! Have a wonderful weekend!

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I hope you didn't pay much. I have several watches similar to yours; they're all from the 70's and have Baumgarnter movements (very inexpensive pin-pallet movements). Essentially, it's the watch equivalent of costume jewelery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no didn't pay much at all. Never do unless I know more info on the item. I do think it's neat looking if nothing else :) Do you have any tips on how to tell a good vintage watch that holds value when attending the auctions I go to? I know there's only one guy that looks for them there, so there wouldn't be much competition (until you get into Rolex, Movado, etc., then the noob jewelry store owners wanna move in and cut someone lol). I'm a vintage jewelry collector, so I just thought it was neat looking. I can't figure out what the back is supposed to be though?? It looks like a silhouette of a victorian woman with little holes all over her (an air chamber or something)??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts