WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Hi -

Fairly battered 1970s period Movado, with severe wear to the watch face. It's almost certainly got a Swiss movement inside, but other than that it's fairly generic Swiss watch from the 1970s.

Further, it's more of a cosmetic diver's watch than a "real" one: the bezel would be hard to turn, there are no markings, and the black/silver coloring doesn't make sense for a diver's watch.

And from the picture, it looks like there is rust there where the hands are attached: also the damage to the face looks like water damage from the inside that loosened the paint on the face.

Does the watch run at all?

JohnF

·
Registered
38 Posts
Could actually have been a diver, but YES it is very damaged, so it is hard to tell. Even a divers watch will take in water if submerged after for 3-5 years not have new gaskets - This, from the hands, could be part of the periode with the "sub-sea" models, made together actually with Zenith

br John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The back of the case does read super sub sea, anyone else have any info? I am trying to figure out what the writing would be where the dial is damages....all i can make out is "--IC".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info John, the watch runs perfectly. It does have a movado/zenith movement in it. If the watch were in mint condition...any idea on value?

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Hi -

Check out the sticky post at the top of the forum on what vintage watches are worth.

It's not a simple answer: fundamentally it's a question of finding a buyer who is willing to pay what you want for the watch. :)

I'm loath to give you any sort of estimate, since the watch *isn't* in mint condition. No amount of repair can make it mint, you can only restore it.

Does it have sentimental value?

JohnF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts