WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello WUS Members,

I have some vintage watches which I am not sure of their calibers or have no idea, still learning. Want to consult your experience.

Have an ancient:) wristwatch with cylinder escapement and pin set which is signed AS 52 with 6 jewels

$(KGrHqFHJDkE-NtEMEnkBPp653qFyg~~60_12.JPG

Picture 096.jpg

this one below looks very similar to AS 52 above just nicer finished, but am not sure. What do you think ?

3.jpg
4.jpg

if you are wondering the dial:

1.jpg

At the other hand I have this fine piece I believe a step ahead from the trench watches times and pre- WWII era , no idea about the movement, on the dial below 6 o'clock reads ' Made in Germany'. Maybe I shall unscrew this cover which looks like hides the movement, am just not confident enough, any hints welcome for the movement:

2.png

1.png

And last, I liked the subdial with the days and pointer combination in this timepiece, and couldn't resist, the movement again is not familiar to me:

11.png

12.png

thank you for your help

·
Registered
3,765 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot Harmut, dankeschon. Then, once I am back home I will ask my watchmeister to check that German watch.
They say:
When you hear hooves, think about horses not unicorns.

Unicorn: I so nicely would be surprised of a early hanhart caliber in that watch.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,865 Posts
???????!?!?!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!

(It appears that my reputation precedes me to the extent of robbing praise from others who deserve it more than me.....)

"Danke für die Blumen" but I fear that I have to point out that the reply came from Dr. Ranfft, not myself. Although I could have dug up the three for you as well (and failed equally spectacularly on the fourth).

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh meine Gute !!!!

Dr. Ranfft I am terribly sorry, I am not editing my post to be at the correct side for accepting my failure. Hartmut, because in my previous posts, it was you who was like 'google', i think that was the illusion. Dr. Ranfft bidfun is a huge info pool really, I am referring there very often if I have an idea of the manufacturer to check the exact caliber, you both, are great assets for beginners like me, I am happy to be a member and have the opportunity to learn from you in this forum.

Thank you both Dr. Ranfft and Hartmut

1 - 5 of 5 Posts