WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this at the local thrift store. Can't find much about it with some googling. Any ideas? It is a wind up and there is nothing written on the back. It says "NEIL" under the crown on the face and says "21 PRIX" under that. Under the hour/minute hands it says "antimagnetic"

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
It looks to be a late 50's / early 60's watch. Our expert in obscure brands will no doubt be along to tell more! LOL But 21 jewels indicates, for a windup - which I assume this is, the watch got caught up in the jewel wars of that era.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Well its not a brand I've heard of. But its probably got an unjeweled or 1-jewel movement as its says 21 Prix (Prize) which is, of course, meaningless - but is meant to make people assume it has 21 jewels at first glance. Even a seasoned collector with nearly 9000 posts could make that mistake.:-d

Its a very clean-looking watch in great cosmetic condition. Nice catch.:-!

Reactions: joeuk

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
There are one or two 'Neil 21 Prix' watches out there. This one VINTAGE RETRO WATCH - NEIL 21 PRIX ANTIMAGNETIC | eBay is marked 'O.C. Cal R7' on the back. Googling that brings us to this thread in here:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/wanted-loins-^_^-193727-2.html where a Loins branded watch is so marked on the back. The movement appears - in that one - to be a Baumgartner BFG 34 or similar. It could well be a Hong Kong assembled watch. 'Cal R7' makes me think of Rego - Lapanouse - movements.

If you can take a picture of the movement we might be able to say for sure.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the info. I will get a pic of the movement ASAP and get it posted. Thanks again!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts