WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a vintage jump hour watch recently and really liked the Niton one I saw at the link below. Does anyone have any info on this brand? I'm not even remotely interested in this particular one due to the price, as 1. I can't afford it, and 2. I have no idea what it's actually worth.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/607320407/very-rare-niton-18-kt-yellow-gold?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=niton&ref=sr_gallery-1-11&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've been looking for a vintage jump hour watch recently and really liked the Niton one I saw at the link below. Does anyone have any info on this brand? I'm not even remotely interested in this particular one due to the price, as 1. I can't afford it, and 2. I have no idea what it's actually worth.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/607320407/very-rare-niton-18-kt-yellow-gold?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=niton&ref=sr_gallery-1-11&organic_search_click=1&frs=1
No, no information but why worry about a watch which you can not afford. For one thing it's a very expensive watch - if I had the money I'd rather get a Rolex, AP or Le-Coultre instead. But if you're curious try Googling.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Actually, you got me interested in this watch now. It does appear that this could be a Patek caliber movement. If that is so, I'd have to reconsider buying Rolex :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Perhaps consider a Bulova jump hour? They're anywhere from a few hundred to a thousand or so, save for a rare platinum specimen which typically costs as much as that Niton. Whatever you get, just be sure to budget a few hundred for a full servicing.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've looked at the bulova jump hours, they look great! I just saw this (while I was looking for bulova jump hours) and thought it looked pretty unique, so I wanted to know if anyone had any info on it.

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
The movement is Niton's own - cal. 5711:
Formwerke 9"'
As the annotation goes, they were known to supply movements to Patek and others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts