WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning
I am interested in purchasing this listed 64 Seamaster DeVille with a 610 movement. It looks to be in excellent shape for me but i am wondering if it is indeed all original. Movement and type seem to appear so. here are some of the listing details

Case: Monocoque stainless steel case - Ref. 136.020.
- Crown: Original signed crown.
- Crystal: Signed acrylic crystal.
- Movement: In-house calibre 610 adjusted 2 positions. The serial number 21543333 date it to year 1964.
- Dial: Original vertical brushed dial with tritium applied baton markers.
- Hands: Original tritium baton hand set.
- Dimension: Approx. 34.5 mm across without crown - 37 mm with crown - 40.2 mm lug to lug.
- Service history: Recently serviced by us: Case is cleaned with ultra-sonic cleaner. Movement is cleaned - oiled & calibrated.

some pictures attached, Does anything scream warning here walk away? This would be a overseas transaction, not preferred but i have had successful transactions to date doing so.

Any Omega oficionados here who would like to comment, it would be much appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
A bit off topic but I have purchased two non-Omega watches from this seller (I can tell who the seller is from his pictures) and both watches were a 100% legit. This is a beautiful watch, hope others can chime in and share their thoughts.

·
Premium Member
7,496 Posts
I assume that you have already looked at the OVD entry:

https://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-details/14860/

Edit: I don't see any major red flags. The lugs have been polished a bit, but I've seen a lot worse. There is some damage to the dial near the center, but that's obvious in the photo. The case-back engraving is sloppy, but that seems to be uneven with Omega for some reason.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
It looks largely correct, at first glance
https://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-details/14860/
The dial looks authentic, the movement matches the case.

As to the case, I'm not sure if it was only cleaned- I think it has been polished, but there is one more thing that has me worried. That would be the reference number. It's engraved in a sloppy way, with an obviously different tool and technique than the rest of the markings. Then again, I have been able to look up another SMDV top-loader case made by Piquerez (like this one), which had the reference number done in a much thinner font than the rest of the markings.

Edit: Dan posted while I was typing, but it looks like our observations are quite similar.

Reactions: Molliedooker

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
guenine and legit Omegas as MKWS and badbackdan said

1 - 6 of 6 Posts