WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying a 1950’s Omega Seamaster. I am looking for a steel one without any lume from my research I have found very few. The only model I have found matching what I am after so far is c2577-1. Anybody know anymore models/case numbers which would suite?

Thank You.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Best to post an image of the watch your looking for as search for -1 dial matches is a pain.

Any model with a sweep bumper movement is going to be similar with various dial designs

All hands should be Dauphine pitched and crowns should be 4 notch design

Always make sure you can see the movement. Never buy without a movement image or without checking inside of case condition for pitting/rust

DON

·
Registered
3,812 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best to post an image of the watch your looking for as search for -1 dial matches is a pain.

Any model with a sweep bumper movement is going to be similar with various dial designs

All hands should be Dauphine pitched and crowns should be 4 notch design

Always make sure you can see the movement. Never buy without a movement image or without checking inside of case condition for pitting/rust

DON

Some good advice thanks Don.

a few images of the models I have come across without lume:

433c38c40686c20703c4d1eba04589a4.jpg
72cb5ea66bfa6f649021d72c7e743b86.jpg View attachment 13015877
Ideally I would like one with the 12,3,6 and 9 arabic numerals and a crosshair dial... no lume.
SaveSave

·
Registered
591 Posts
In my opinion it looks like gilt paint. I’m not any kind of expert but should the colour of the hands match the numerals ?

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
In my opinion it looks like gilt paint. I’m not any kind of expert but should the colour of the hands match the numerals ?
I'm not vouching the the condition of originality of the watch, just trying to help compile a list of references that meet the OP's criteria.

·
Banned
1,186 Posts
Bad example that's sold... So I guess the 2576 has the sub seconds. The cal 344 bumper has swan neck. Maybe there's some without lume.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
100's of dial designs, but wanting that specific dial in a specific case may not be possible.

Might find the dial, but in a gold or gold filled case. Might be small seconds and not sweep. Might be a different case shape as shown by Dan

Huge amount of variations and might have to make some compromises to get close to what you want

I would just do a Ebay Omega Bumper search and good luck.

Just don't overpay, but buy a clean example (always check movement images)

DON

1 - 12 of 12 Posts