WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, long time lurker here. I have found a local seller with this Omega Seamaster De Ville but am wondering if it is a watch which has been refinished. I've looked up countless pictures and Im led to believe the dial might have been refinished. Also wondering what would be a fair price you guys would pay for a watch like this. Any help would be appreciated! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

This is the information the seller has provided me:

It has a manually wound 17 jewel cal. 611 mechanism. The watch was recently serviced and a service receipt will be provided with the sale.

Reference no. 136.010.

Unishell stainless steel case with hippocampus mark on the back

Omega signed crown

00D0D_5GaOIanUIkU_1200x900.jpg 00e0e_cuAaKTXcrnB_1200x900.jpg 00d0d_hoMxu3DBP3K_1200x900.jpg 00F0F_3zfTaGwKdLw_1200x900.jpg 00F0F_af0xfgFoXx5_1200x900.jpg 00G0G_3GqeSQyPsyt_1200x900.jpg 00J0J_k46exL1rRbf_1200x900.jpg 00707_dtcyQ39lVPa_1200x900.jpg 01515_4vTd3qkazML_1200x900.jpg 00P0P_kozz1TBVORH_1200x900.jpg

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Dreadful redial in a badly overpolished case.

·
Registered
667 Posts
So mkws, do you think the provided reference number 136.0010 is correct? OVD claims this is a press-in caseback, which I take to mean snap type. Clearly, the OP's is a front loader.

Hmm..... maybe an error in the OVD? The "6" in the reference number should indicate water-resistant calendar type, which matches the watch in this thread.

Once again, please educate me!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,490 Posts
So mkws, do you think the provided reference number 136.0010 is correct? OVD claims this is a press-in caseback, which I take to mean snap type. Clearly, the OP's is a front loader.

Hmm..... maybe an error in the OVD? The "6" in the reference number should indicate water-resistant calendar type, which matches the watch in this thread.

I would like a better look at the reference number; 136.0018 and 136.0019 are both unishell.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts

I don't think it's 136.0010 as posted by the OP - more likely, as Dan suggested, it's a 0019 or 0018. The last two digits in the picture are blotchy and illegible.
If it turns out to indeed be a 0010, that would mean a fake - but I think it's more likely that the OP has simply made a typo.
While I've seen fake SM300 and Constellation cases before, I don't think I've seen a fake SMDV case (or that of any other Omega front loader, for that matter).

·
Registered
667 Posts
I don't think it's 136.0010 as posted by the OP - more likely, as Dan suggested, it's a 0019 or 0018. The last two digits in the picture are blotchy and illegible.
If it turns out to indeed be a 0010, that would mean a fake - but I think it's more likely that the OP has simply made a typo.
While I've seen fake SM300 and Constellation cases before, I don't think I've seen a fake SMDV case (or that of any other Omega front loader, for that matter).
Another question: did Omega have models that were considered water resistant but had snap on casebacks? These would seem to be two mutually exclusive entities, at least based on the snap on casebacks I've seen.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Another question: did Omega have models that were considered water resistant but had snap on casebacks? These would seem to be two mutually exclusive entities, at least based on the snap on casebacks I've seen.

Yes - quite a lot of 1950s Seamasters. The Omega Ranchero also had a press-in back. But as far as I know, these cases had case back gaskets.

Reactions: typ73

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yes - quite a lot of 1950s Seamasters. The Omega Ranchero also had a press-in back. But as far as I know, these cases had case back gaskets.
Thank you, sir. That explains it. I haven't personally seen (or more likely I wasn't paying attention) snap back casebacks with gaskets

1 - 8 of 8 Posts