WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Sure, but that was not the question.
Yes, it was the question. The very first one in your post, actually. "What do I have here?"

And, you have an answer to it- a redial. A bad one, with a completely incorrect (1980s) font used.

It might be a Swedish market model, but a)such case backs were found on the Suveran ref. 2400, b)this doesn't look like a Suveran, and c)a 2400 would have a sub-second cal. 30 T2 PC, not a sweep second 283 (introduced in the 1950s). Without pictures of the inner side of the case back, there's no telling if the movement matches the case.

·
Registered
78 Posts
No, it is the neverending story of who is the first to shout redial.
And anyway, if it were - possibly - a marriage, how could it be a redial ;)
But let the TS tell us what exactly HE wanted to know.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are right : the first answer was absolutly useless. Again, what I wanted to know, whether this watch is a special swedish model.
I found 2 numbers in the back of the case : 2400-1 and 2301. Don´t know what they mean.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
2400-1 is the reference. Since it's not a cal. 30 T2 PC AM, but a 283, the movement does not match the case. This means, that it's a frankenwatch with a repainted (and given the applied markers, likely completely incorrect) dial.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2400-1 is the reference. Since it's not a cal. 30 T2 PC AM, but a 283, the movement does not match the case. This means, that it's a frankenwatch with a repainted (and given the applied markers, likely completely incorrect) dial.
At least an information. I gonna check further if its right.
Thanx

·
Premium Member
13,455 Posts

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Surstromming Special would fit better, that watch stinks of a franken and redial more than a can of that herring "delicacy." Of course, no offense to anyone who likes surstromming...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts