WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first Omega is the Geneve. Powered by the workhorse 565 caliber. This watch is from the 70s and keeps close to perfect time. It’s classic champagne dial and polished tick marks make it nicely legible.
It does not steal the show - probably no one will notice it; but that is part of its charm...

I Sinn, therefore I am.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, pardon any spelling errors.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
My first Omega is the Geneve. Powered by the workhorse 625 caliber. This watch is from the 70s and keeps close to perfect time. It’s classic champagne dial and polished tick marks make it nicely legible.
It does steal the show - probably no one will notice it; but that is part of its charm...

I Sinn, therefore I am.
did you mean a 562 movement?
good looking vintage

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looks like a great buy - classic styling and size.

How much were you able to get it for if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like a great buy - classic styling and size.

How much were you able to get it for if you don't mind my asking?
Found it on the bay from Japan for around $400 with shipping and tax. Movement is super clean. It came with the original jubilee bracelet; I like the vintage leather strap with it. Had a little tiny bit if rust on the lug - nothing I was not able to remove. Dial is clean and has a nice champagne tint. Used a lil’ poly-watch and some elbow grease to remove tiny scratches from the plexiglass - which at first sight I mistaken for stains on the dial.
Watch is pristine clean. All original Omega parts (besides the aftermarket leather strap.)

I Sinn, therefore I am.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Found it on the bay from Japan for around $400 with shipping and tax. Movement is super clean. It came with the original jubilee bracelet...
Thanks for the update, very impressive - and it seems to get better: You didn't get a jubilee bracelet, you got the Omega beads of rice bracelet, certainly more prized as far as I've seen.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Found it on the bay from Japan for around $400 with shipping and tax. Movement is super clean ...
I was looking at some old De Ville from the the '70s on ebay from Japan, great prices, but how can you find out if they are genuine Omega watches ? You mind sharing the seller's name that you trusted and used on ebay ? That might help making another hole in my wallet !

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was looking at some old De Ville from the the '70s on ebay from Japan, great prices, but how can you find out if they are genuine Omega watches ? You mind sharing the seller's name that you trusted and used on ebay ? That might help making another hole in my wallet !
Message sent.

I Sinn, therefore I am.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts