WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
SAAF and SAN issued watches
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your life was in the balance and you had to choose a watch for an under water recce........which one would you choose?
1983 Tudor 9411 or a 2021 Blancpain "No Radiations"

Watch Analog watch Rectangle Watch accessory Clock

Premium Member
Depends, do you want your Tudor to fill up with water?
Seriouisly, a vintage Tudor can be made as waterproof as when it was manufactured. I don't know that I'd want a BP on leather for water duty either.

Reactions: sy4ce

Registered
Lol. Vintage watch should never go underwater. Neither of these are keepers. One is a diffusion brand of a fashion watch, the other is a zombie brand that represents money hungry Swiss opportunist and his investors.
Genuine question - which one is the 鈥渄iffusion brand鈥 and which is the 鈥渮ombie brand鈥?
Tudor = diffusion, Blancpain = zombie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
At first I was like, "Blancpain, no question!" Then I thought about it more and this is the quintessential Tudor and the vintage character really pops. So...now I am completely undecided.

Registered
Vintage watch should never go underwater.
A vintage watch, especially a dive watch, that has been properly serviced and tested is just as safe a modern one for wearing in water.

One is a diffusion brand of a fashion watch, the other is a zombie brand that represents money hungry Swiss opportunist and his investors.
Show us on the doll where Hans and JCB touched you.

• Haha
Reactions: longtimelurker
1 - 20 of 37 Posts