WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
After searching for a vintage Omega with a modern size( 36mm+) I was finally able to buy a watch with suits my demands, it is a vintage Omega BK2505-7 with an Omega cal. 266.

However it has some minor issues and I have got a lot of questions, for example it has some scratches and no Omega crown, I also can not find anything about it on the internet except for this thread whic shows a similiar watch:http://omega.watchprosite.com/?show=nblog.post&ti=613851

The seller says it is rose gold, is this the original finish? The gold plating is however damaged, should I replate this or is it better to leave it in this state?

What is the right Omega crown for this watch?

What is the right buckle for a strap on this watch?

And last but not least: What could be the value now and when the watch has an omega crown, a bracelet and Omega buckle?

Thanks in advance!

4147DF944E6_6FDF_4CCA_904.jpg
862203926E2_C4D2_4EBC_AAA.jpg
373C1356AE8_DA42_4771_BA2.jpg
746CDF2A553_CA8D_4661_B5A.jpg
557877A289D_70CB_4143_8C7.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one knows more about this watch? I am really excited about it, so I really want to know what I have bought:)

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
Hi and congrats, it works on the database type in 2505, it comes up with stainless steel but probably applies to gold etc. With a 266cal its from the 1950s, best sort of buckle would be something like this OMEGA Buckle in Pink/Rose Gold Filled -Free Shipping | eBay but you would need the right size for your watch or if not that this one Special offer: Omega Rose Gold Plated Watch Strap Buckle 16mm inner | eBay again need one the right size for yours, for the size you would need to measure the inside of the lug space then take 2mm off that e.g 16mm inside lug so a 2mm off gives you a 14mm buckle. For a crown again try ebay and cant do valuations on here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses!

The buckle I can figure out but is there a specific crown which is the right one for this watch?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I have recieved the watch and I really like it:) However the crown was nog original and I have put the watch on a hirsch strap. Therefore I have ordered an omega crown and an omega buckle.

Could someone tell me how I remove the crown from this watch? Could you see how to do that from the movement picture in the first post?
901horloge.jpg

·
Registered
862 Posts
Nice watch, it has nicely aged vintage look and you should maintain that, it would look strange if it was refurbished to brand new state.

The crown is screwed to the stem and both parts are fitted t the watch.

Simply getting a new crown may not be the answer and may require a new stem as well.

If you have the experience/skills/parts and tools it's not a big job.

If you don't, take a trip to your local watchmaker.

Cheers
Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jim,

No I am definitely not going to replate the watch it looks nice however an Omega Crown and Omega Buckle would make it look perfect for me;-)

I don't have the experience but everything needs a first time, is there a place where I can find instructions on how to change the crown/stem?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts