WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have inherited a Vintage Gold Oyster Lincoln Gents Wristwatch external serial number 234842 and internal stainless cover 3386F as shown below, I would appreciate any information, value etc
Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Looks like the inner case-back has Rolex' mark. Can you also post a movement photo?

The dial looks like radium to me, if so please be careful where you open that watch not to be exposed to the dust.These watches have many enthusiasts and members would post more qualified replies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is photo of internal, it indicates 17 rubies, Swiss Made and also 50 is inscribed. The internal of Stainless cover has inscribed Oyster Watch Co and Geneva -Swiss, further down RWC Ltd.
Hope this helps to identify watch etc.

P1020698.JPG

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
I never saw a watch like this
For certain it is an early Rolex Piece
Rolex patented the "Oyster" in 1926.
They registered the name 'Lincoln' i 1928

BUT the movement is not an Aegler/Rolex movement that I know.
Maybe this is a Fontainmellon movement for Cnadian market.

Whatever
FANTASTIC, rare and valuable piece.
I would like to own it.
Adam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Adam
Many thanks for your contribution.Ican confirm the watch was purchased in Canada.during the WW2.Any idea on value?
Regards
Robbie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Hartmut for your valuable contribution.I appreciate your info and confirm your observation.Do you have an idea of value or source to get info.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Hi Adam
Many thanks for your contribution.Ican confirm the watch was purchased in Canada.during the WW2.Any idea on value?
Regards
Robbie
Cool Robbie
That makes sense.
We are not allowed to give valuations here.
But do an advanced search on Ebay (completed listings/World Wide) for Canadian Rolex. Or Rolex Lipton, or Rolex observatory

Regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts