WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dad gifted me this PP Calatrava. Now, I need to decide when and whom to give it to for servicing. I'm sure the best bet would be to send it back to PP to have it restored/serviced. Any idea what it might cost for a clean and complete service by PP (if nothing else, a probable ball-park estimate/range)?

I'll post some more pics of the watch in a while ...

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that's an auto, you can expect to pay 800 Swiss Francs for a service. Slightly less for a manual wind.
Thank you for the info! It is a manual wind, by the way.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I sent a Patek to Switzerland a couple of years ago. it cost $1500 USD & took 3 months. it was returned factory new with papers.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
A service that needs no parts can be done by any competent watchmaker. However Patek no longer will supply parts to 'outsiders'.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
I sent a Patek to Switzerland a couple of years ago. it cost $1500 USD & took 3 months. it was returned factory new with papers.
I recently paid $735 to have an automatic serviced and an additional $240 to have the case and strap refurbished. They sent the papers along and to my surprise they included a new box. Their service really goes above and beyond.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I think it is quite impossible to guess the cost of servicing your watch.
They wil go through the movement and if something needs to be replaced, the cost will go up significantly.
It is afgter all a watch that is what - maybe 45 years old or so?

But, it being a family heirloom, and a PP on top of that I think it is well worth it.

A beautiful piece, v76!

·
Registered
5,372 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
The Swiss Franc to US Dollar exchange rate is close to 1:1 for budgeting purposes they can be used interchangeably. Please note that the posted rate for a service at CHF 650 is for a watch less than 20 years old. I doubt that the price would vary much except for parts cost. I suspect that PP would routinely replace the mainspring creating some differential in cost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts