WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a post a while ago about this pocket watch I had got from Ebay, bought a a spares or repair, they should had simply said, " it's dead ,it's never going to go again", and I wouldn't have got it.

But I did, it's one of the H.williamson English lever pocket watchs, so I liked it, as I said, I'd had a plan , I had another movement, I had another dial, I found in a box, one of the black military dials.
Put it in the case, I was quite happy with it,,,,, but it just was not quite right, , the case numbers did not match up ' obviously ' with the dial.
So I just had to have another look at the original movement.
Just on the dial side plate everything was broken ,botched or missing, from the broken steel screws in the plate , broken pallet guard screws, end stone's, jewell holes, missing parts to the winding.
Well a month and a half later, it's running, new pallets, balance wheel, escape wheel, new crown, new hands,,,,,OMG....
Movement.jpg 20180312_111238-1.jpg this is my donar movement, I was lucky enough to get hold of one , thankfully. .
the dona movement has the winding on the other side , so every thing has to be swapped over and put back in reverse.

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
If you can kludge a movement that runs from what you are showing, I am impressed with your persistence!! ... the dead live again!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts