WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello WUS!

I've recently acquired a vintage piece, I will get it in the mail soon and I was wondering if any of you have some experience with 2614-2H mechanism.

Watch is 35mm and 18mm at the lugs. Its condition is pretty good and the seller told me it's quite accurate, couple of seconds lost/gained per day.

Any tips for this mechanism? Is it reliable? How can I find out the manufacturing year?

Enclosed are some pics of it as well because without pictures there's no real thread.

Have a good rest of the day all!

poljot face 1.jpg poljot face 2.jpg poljot back.jpg poljot mechanism.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats, lovely piece..

Come and join us on the Russian watch forum ( F10 ).

I have a Poljot Sturmanski re-issue with the 2609 movement (same movement with out the date complication) that I've owned since new (2004) and it has never been serviced and still keeps good time (although it is defiantly time for a service). Mine keeps better time than my ETA movement, but YMMV the Soviet era ones had better quality control than the newer models.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
As a Soviet watch fan and user (not expert) I’ve owned a few 2614s, and I’ve found it a reliable and accurate movement
Yours is Soviet - SU marking - and not too modern (the level of movement finish declines in more recent years)
A good looking watch

Here’s an article about the underlying quality of the movement, even when neglected for decades http://www.timezone.com/2002/09/16/jessicas-cornavin-dolphin/

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,135 Posts
The first new watch that I ever bought was a Michel Rene pocket watch in 1985 that was powered by a Poljot 2609 (the no date version of the movement in your watch).

As Steve said, drop in on the Russian forum and there's a good chance that your questions will be answered.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f10/

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very interesting article with that Dolphin.
Also, had no idea about the F10, I'll start lurking around.
That being said, I'm even more excited to get my hands on the blyeat watch.
Cheers,
Alex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts