WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having collected vintage mechanical watches for nearly twenty years, I am new to the vintage quartz world so to speak. I have recently developed an interest in these early technological marvels, and picked up another - a Girard Perregaux with a cal. 351-518 movement. Great watch, but it's doing the same thing that my cal. 1310 Omega Mariner is (posted below) - losing small amounts of time. On the wrist, fine. Take it off, minutes lost. Could it be a coincidence? Could both have low batteries? Or am I somehow affecting these movements. I just bought an early quartz Hamilton and can't wait to see how that turns out.

Anyway, can anyone recommend someone in the U.S. that may specialize in repairing early quartz watches? Even if it is just to change the batteries. Thanks.

·
Registered
18,178 Posts
Normally quartz do not need service. Batteries are the bane of their performance. I have several of the GP calibre you mention. None exhibit that behavior. Always replace batteries before blaming other things...

Now, if you really need service, well, good luck. My master watchmaker will only touch them if I beg and plead and beg some more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts