WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this at an estate. I've seen similar modern desk clocks that typically have an alarm but are much larger. The dial on this one only measures 21mm and overall it's barely an inch and half wide.

Opened it up and found it has a Rima Watch Co movement (which is an A Schild 970.) It's running but a bit more than a minute fast a day. The movement is just press fit into the case (made by "Master" - never heard of them.) The dial is branded Abercrombie and Fitch New York and marked 17 Jewels.

Can anybody help me date this? It looks lie the "RXW" on the movement is not the caliber but the importation code (?) given that Rima was associated with Roamer. The movement is marked Swiss. And no, those aren't my fingerprints on the movement, they belong to the last guy that opened it up :)

Also, any more information you might have would be welcome. I don't even know what to call this.

A few photos:

Rima1.jpg
Rima2.jpg
Rima3.jpg
Rima4.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for confirming that. It makes a lot of sense now! Looks like these buckles originated in the 30s (Hermes co-branded some that bring good money) but this must be from the 50s given the movement marks. I don't know if the Abercrombie dial helps it much or not. This same exact case style shows up with several different watch brands when I did a Google Image search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts