WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Hi and welcome
With those pictures you will not get much good info.

I could not see the TUDOR logo on the dial.

1st number is serial number dating it to 1968, second (804) is model type.

Somehow I suspect its a genuine Tudor.

adam

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
What info are you looking for? Tudor was a sub-brand Rolex; basically a typical mid-quality swiss ebuache that happens to have been sold by the Rolex company. You pay a premium for the Rolex connection, but they at least they keep their value. Style is 50's, I think.

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
What info are you looking for? Tudor was a sub-brand Rolex; basically a typical mid-quality swiss ebuache that happens to have been sold by the Rolex company. You pay a premium for the Rolex connection, but they at least they keep their value. Style is 50's, I think.
"style is 50s"??

I dated watch by serial number to 1968.
Adam

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
I would think 50's also. With the sub seconds and them lugs, it looks allot like my 1950 Fortis.

I don't see the Tudor emblem above the name though.

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Not sure why everyone keeps on saying 50s.

Serial No 62638: dates to 1968!! I think Tudor was launched in 1946?

Adam

·
Registered
3,383 Posts

Adam

The sub secs and the style suggests 40's/50's and that is why people are saying that, did Tudor produce
a subsecs watch with tear drop lugs in 1968?
Maybe it doesn't have the original case back, maybe it isn't a Tudor at all, I don't know how we can tell much
from these poor pics.

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
The sub secs and the style suggests 40's/50's and that is why people are saying that, did Tudor produce
a subsecs watch with tear drop lugs in 1968?
Maybe it doesn't have the original case back, maybe it isn't a Tudor at all, I don't know how we can tell much
from these poor pics.
Ah.
OK understand
I am very little knowledge on Tudor. I do know that they used a 'rose' logo from 1936.

Adam

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
It could be 1968...the thin bezel is a more of a sixties feature, so maybe a bit of a throwback lug design. And the location of the subsecond dial is a bit high, suggesting a smaller movement in a larger case (which was sometimes done to allow for tapered edges, to make the watch "look" thinner on the wrist). If the crown is also fairly small, then a late 60's dress watch is quite plausible. I'm not sure how reliable the tudor case serial lists are on par; are you quoting from a book Adam or one of the internet lists? In this case we only have the OP's observation to go on in the first place, so we also can't rule out a misread or mistyped entry.

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
I was quoting from a book and writer that I respect as A1.
Some of his book is online here:
About Us... QualityTyme.net

The book is excellent
Adam

·
Registered
13,428 Posts

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Check ebay. As I said earlier, Tudors sell for more then your typical watch, but condition is key (and even if we were allowed to give values, your pictures would make any attempt to do so the equivalent of throwing a dart onto a page of random numbers)

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
To be clear, we'd need to see pictures of the inside caseback and movement to be able to give you any sort of guidance on relative quality, and we still won't be able to give a value, just a relative assessment of how your watch compares to others.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts

Adam

This is why I think it is. 1950 Fortis. Has the same look to it. But then again, they may have made a vintage style in 68.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts