WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I'm a bit new around here, but am looking for information on a vintage Rolex I recently acquired. It's not working at the moment, but I'm going to do my best to get it back up and ticking again. The patina on the face might not be for everybody, but I think it's quite handsome and gracefully aged.

I don't know much more about it than is included in these photos, but would definitely like to know more. Also, would be curious to hear opinions on the likelihood that it could ever serve as a day-to-day functioning watch again...

If so, any recommendations on watch band type/colors?

Thanks!
Screen shot 2010-12-20 at 7.23.31 PM.jpg Screen shot 2010-12-20 at 7.23.38 PM.jpg Screen shot 2010-12-20 at 7.23.57 PM.jpg Screen shot 2010-12-20 at 7.24.05 PM.jpg

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Yes, once repaired and serviced it can serve you for many decades (with service maybe every 5-7 years or so)!

Just be aware of that it lacks any shock protection on the balance wheel. And that the WR is negligible.

I think a smooth black Calf leather band will look nice.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Very nice! Certainly within my 'patina tolerance' :-d

Looks as though the screw is missing from the spring barrel.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Very nice! Certainly within my 'patina tolerance' :-d

Looks as though the screw is missing from the spring barrel.
And the balance wheel jewel?

I think the dial will clean up nicely!

·
Moderator at Large
53,131 Posts
Looks like a 1940 Rolex Precision to me. A similar watch has been published by Osvaldo Patrizzi - Collezionare Orologia da Polso ROLEX. However the dial of ref. 3667 is a bit different (completely roman numerals from I to XII.

Here's my Precision

·
Registered
846 Posts
1935 or later, and it looks like you are missing the screw from your ratchet wheel. I think this is an Aegler, I have similar movts, from 1927-1932. This is the first of the Super Balance movts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts