·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In this post:

Make an offer!
  • NOS Orano - works well - EUR 250 200
  • awesome "cracked mirror" dial 70s Mido (needs servicing) - EUR 100
  • Tissot T12 Seastar - works well, crystal scratched, but dial and back are pristine - EUR 200
  • weird Oris - works, looks very 70s, but why did I buy that?? - EUR 50
All bought in Switzerland from antiquities / watch dealers.
Package offers available if you take several - name a price!

Pictures:

Video of the Mido:

Album link here: Vintage watch sale WUS

Detailed descriptions:

Vintage Tissot Seastar T12 Automatic

Lovely grey-silver sunburst dial dress watch with large raised applied indices, typically 60s. Applied Tissot logo.
Bought in Switzerland.
Dimensions: Case diameter 36mm without crown, lug-to-lug distance 44mm, between lugs 18-19mm. Below is a wristshot on my 6.25” wrist – looks really good.
Condition: Normal use scratches everywhere, also on the plexiglas crystal, as you would expect from a used vintage watch. However, no polishing! All edges are sharp, and the galleon relief on the back is pristine. Crown is also original.
Dial looks to be in good condition, one small mark between 10 and 11 – can’t tell if it’s on the underside of the crystal, or actually on the dial. Print on the “T.12” came off a bit. Lume dots seem to be half gone.
Terrible old black strap that needs to be changed.
See pictures. Purchased in Switzerland from a vintage watch sale.
Movement: likely caliber 783 (according to other similar postings), 17 jewels non-hacking automatic time only.
Setting time works with no issues, smooth tight action. Accuracy or power reserve not tested (haven’t worn it), but starts working as soon as it is wound.

Price: EUR 250 + shipping from Switzerland (registered mail) OBRO >>> special offers possible if you take it together with other watches as a package. Paypal accepted, buyer takes the fees.

================================
Vintage Mido Multistar Datoday automatic

Fantastic patina on this entirely original “you can’t get more 70’s” piece, Zenith Defy lookalike. I actually bought it because of the fascinating “broken mirror” effect of the dial, however I do not have time to take care of restoring it. It’s a real looker, and would really shine with some basic service.
Bought in Switzerland.
Dimensions: Square cushion case, diameter 37mm without crown, lug-to-lug distance 37mm (lugs integrated). Below is a wristshot on my 6.25” wrist – I really like it.
Condition: Full of scratches as you would expect from a worn vintage watch.
Crystal is complex, with three surfaces (you can barely see it on pictures). Original, scratched.
Dial condition is… well, unique. As I said I bought it for this effect. Clearly, there is heavy patina, but what a sight. Everything else looks great.
Caseback signed, serial numbers are clearly visible (but hard to take on a picture).
Comes with original bracelet with signed Mido clasp.
Movement: unknown, 25 jewels non-hacking day date, but reported to be ETA . Quickset day and date. I haven’t opened the watch and have no information from the previous seller.
Setting time works with no issues, smooth action, though small crown recessed into the case makes it somewhat difficult. Accuracy or power reserve not tested (haven’t worn it), but starts working as soon as it is wound. German date wheel.

Price: EUR 120 + shipping from Switzerland (registered mail) OBRO >>> special offers possible if you take it together with other watches as a package. Paypal accepted, buyer takes the fees.

Vintage Orano Automatic 25 jewels

Lovely grey/silver dial dress watch from the 60’s with large raised indices, NOS, with day/date.
Bought in Switzerland.
Dimensions: Case diameter 36mm without crown, lug-to-lug distance 45mm, between lugs 18-19mm. Below is a wristshot on my 6.25” wrist – it looks really good.
Condition: Pristine NOS condition, even domed plexiglas crystal, some kind of storage sticker on the back (under which are words “Antimagnetic Swiss Made” and other markings – didn’t take it off entirely).
Could see two small scratches on the underside of one of the lugs, that is all. I have not worn it at all. Please see pictures.
Strap looks rather old but likely not original (although it would fit the decade).
Purchased in Switzerland from a vintage watch sale.
Movement: unknown, 25 jewels non-hacking day date. Orano was a brand from Lengnau that used movements from their neighbour Felsa, as well ETA. I haven’t opened the watch and have no information from the previous seller.
Setting time works with no issues, smooth action. Accuracy or power reserve not tested (haven’t worn it), but starts working as soon as it is wound.
Day-date works with no issues (I have cycled them), but has no modern quickset mechanism, i.e. the date and day can be quickly changed by going over midnight when the date changes, then going back to around 9PM, then going forward again.

Price: EUR 250 + shipping from Switzerland (registered mail) OBRO >>> special offers possible if you take it together with other watches as a package. Paypal accepted, buyer takes the fees.

Vintage Oris 17 jewels automatic SOLD

Unusual vintage piece, late 60s/70s? Lovely green sunburst dial, almost fume, day-date function.
Bought in Switzerland.
Dimensions: Case diameter 37.5mm without crown, lug-to-lug distance 44mm (lugs hidden in case!), between lugs 18-19mm. Below is a wristshot on my 6.25” wrist – looks really good, would be even better if not for the stiffness of the strap.
Condition: Full of scratches as you would expect from a worn vintage watch. Particularly on the crystal, one part of which (around 6 to 8 o’clock) looks sanded off.
Dial condition is good – it still looks lovely – but does show signs of age (particularly on the edges, see pictures).
On the caseback the Oris logo engraving is clearly visible.
Comes with a rather stiff and plasticky green strap. I would change it.
Movement: unknown, 25 jewels non-hacking day date. I haven’t opened the watch and have no information from the previous seller.
Setting time works with no issues, smooth action. Accuracy or power reserve not tested (haven’t worn it), but starts working as soon as it is wound.
Day-date works with no issues (I have cycled them), but has no modern quickset mechanism, i.e. the date and day can be quickly changed by going over midnight when the date changes, then going back to around 9PM, then going forward again. German date wheel.

Price: EUR 50 + shipping from Switzerland (registered mail) OBRO >>> special offers possible if you take it together with other watches as a package. Paypal accepted, buyer takes the fees.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bump - offers very welcome!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts