WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Could some of you give insight into the desirability of the vintage Seamaster 300 date VS nondate model? Thanks in advance Ken

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
IMHO the non date came first and went through all the model changes and that is worth a lot, I personally have the date mode as I am a gimmiky guy

Hello all, Could some of you give insight into the desirability of the vintage Seamaster 300 date VS nondate model? Thanks in advance Ken

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I had the non-date SM300 for a little while before selling it back to its original owner, twice removed. A lot of folks prefer the non-date due to the symmetry of the numbers on the dial and the simplicity of it. I would fall into this camp from an aesthetics standpoint, but do find myself troubled without the date on my watch. For decades I've referenced the date on my watch so much that it is an old habit. When I don't have the date on my watch, I feel a little bit lost.

Regards,
Eric

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
I'm an aesthetics kinda guy. I made the choice for a no-date. That dial is just so clean and perfect without it. Have plenty of other date watches. Feel the same way about a no-date Sub (which get the better prices, BTW)

Watchco is now selling the no-date SM300 at the same price as the date (it used to be a couple hundred less). That should tell you something.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I love the non date SM300s, but would also be on the lookout for a big triangle version as well; as they are the coolest watches going..

·
Registered
396 Posts
I love the non date SM300s, but would also be on the lookout for a big triangle version as well; as they are the coolest watches going..
Neal, please stop posting those pictures of that watch. My eyes are watering, and my wallet hurting.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I like the non date SM300 for as others have said, the pleasing lines.

Here's a photo of my 63 SM300. The watch now is on a different strap, the same model Hirsch croco...just Black.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I like the non date SM300 for as others have said, the pleasing lines.

Here's a photo of my 63 SM300. The watch now is on a different strap, the same model Hirsch croco...just Black.

That is in great shape...beautiful:-!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts