WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never overlook vintage Seiko when adding a piece to your collection. I picked this guy up for under $100. It is from 1991. What is really unique is that the bezel is domed as opposed to a typical flat insert. The dial is also a nicer, richer blue than a skx009. This example happened to virtually be unworn, still on the original rubber when I got it. I had an anvil bracelet for a 6309 laying around that fits up pretty nice. Here is a pool shot:

Attachments

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
... And out of the water:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Great score, I've been looking for a quartz but can't ever seem to find one under $200.00! Nice pick-up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great score, I've been looking for a quartz but can't ever seem to find one under $200.00! Nice pick-up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I guess I am not sure of the market price on these but I thought I did well. A nice suprise was that it showed up as a complete kit. Original box, owners manual, strap and even the hang tag! It is interesting that the quality of the strap is muxh better than todays straps that are used on the skx007 and the like.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I very much enjoy my 7548. I got it from a very prolific forum member.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
That looks familiar Li :)

Seiko vintage divers are my weakness -- they're just plain awesome. Here are a few of mine -- A couple
are missing while they get new crystals -- We've got 7549, 7548s, & 7c43s....
The 7549 Tuna I'm particularly proud of because it's absolutely mint -- still has remnants of blue sticker
on the case back :)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DavidK,

WOW! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
784 Posts
DavidK,

WOW! Thanks for sharing!
J -- if you're digging the quartz diver I suggest a 7548 for your next one -- it's a step up and will be cheaper than
the 7c43 -- although the 7c43 are pretty rocking -- I'm going to let one of my black 7548s go since I have 2 of them and I'm trying to get down to 1 per color/style. Something very classic about the 7548 -- it uses the same slim case as the 6309-729X -- very comfortable and you can fit a SKX bracelet of your choice on to them -- they come in the JDM and international flavor -- the JDM has the Kanji/English day and the International comes in English/many other languages and has the SQ Professional text. I prefer the JDM because I think the Kanji day is cool.

The 7c43 uses the precursor quartz movement before the 7c46 of the modern tunas. It shares the feature of a screw down crystal retainer ring giving it the 200 m rating.
They are simply bad ass. I had several others but have sold them off. It's tough to find the 7c43 is perfect condition.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Hi there , just got this yesterday £40 . Not sure about these , i think its a 95 model and a 7n36-6a29 .The crystal has been changed and (imo) a nasty magnifier stuck on that i would like to remove. So far keeps great time . The stock jubilee is a bit stretched and just on the tight side for my fat wrist:roll: . I would like to get a new bezel insert if any one knows were i can get one. It feels different but familiar to my 009 , i think its the curved bezel. So a good clean and strap change i think i might wear it a lot. All in all though i really like it and for the price i cannot complain . Thanks for listening .DW.:-! P1060634 1 (480x640).jpg

Whoops i just looked at the title again not sure if its the right watch for this thread sorry. DW.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
That is fricken awesome! How much are these?
Thanks - no idea what the model # is. But, I'm sure it's been a while since these were made. Bought used here on the WUS sales board for $90. It's beat to hell, which is one of the reasons I like it!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hi there , just got this yesterday £40 . Not sure about these , i think its a 95 model and a 7n36-6a29 .The crystal has been changed and (imo) a nasty magnifier stuck on that i would like to remove. So far keeps great time . The stock jubilee is a bit stretched and just on the tight side for my fat wrist:roll: . I would like to get a new bezel insert if any one knows were i can get one. It feels different but familiar to my 009 , i think its the curved bezel. So a good clean and strap change i think i might wear it a lot. All in all though i really like it and for the price i cannot complain . Thanks for listening .DW.:-!

Whoops i just looked at the title again not sure if its the right watch for this thread sorry. DW.
The so called 'Stuck on magnifier ' could be part of the crystal design, similar to the ones used by Rolex. It is integral as part of the crystal & not stuck on., IMO. That said, I think it doesn't suit Seiko though. I have not seen any Seiko crystals with magnifier. Then again,I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
This is a 1991 5H26-7019.

I got it either in 1992 or 1993 (not sure exactly when). It was my only (as a consequence, an everyday) watch up to 2000, when it start to share my wrist with some Casios that are now gone. After so many use and abuse, its original bezel insert became colorless and full of scratches; however, about an year ago I found a new bezel at cousinsuk. I purchased the nato strap from milwatches.com. More pics below.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts