WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted this at the local car boot sale yesterday and for £5 i couldnt resist buying it. It runs really well,keeping good time so far. Can anyone date it for me please,im guessing 60's or 70's? The crystal cleaned up nicely and the brushed blue dial is clean and bright. -Andy

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I can't help you date it but allow me to congratulate you on a very nice sekonda :-!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It is based on Poljot 2209 movement, there is a USSR on the dial and probably it dates 1967-1975 or so (except if it isn't a Luch, which you can check only by the movement). I don't know about the hands, as I own only Poljot de luxe's, which have tiny hour and minute hands (no decoration) and the second hand is in the color of the other hands. The shape and length of the second hand is correct btw.
Congrats, a classy watch for no money, but still - bring it for servicing!

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Andy,

I am truly envious! Perhaps I should have bought some when I was living in the UK but that was in the early to mid 1980s; a college student's budget did not go very far!

Congratulations for a fine watch that, I am absolutely certain, a lot of members would love to have. :-!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have the same model in a two tone champagne dial, it has the same 'batons' and same hands, markings are also the same...I have had it for about a month or so now and got it off Ebay for £ 2.70 an absolute steal and it has been very reliable, on a full wind it will run all day and loses perhaps a minute or so over an 8 hour period...lets be fair whose life is to a minute? certainly not mine.
I really like the black dial version though, the gold plate on these seems to wear fairly well.
Well done, I can't seem to find much decent at car boots lately, though I did score a lovely WW2 British jack knife yesterday in unissued condition for a couple of quid!

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Those ultraflat Poljot/Luch 2209 are a joy to wear. So slim and light, you would not imagine that they have a very well-made mechanical movement.

I agree with Sci, seconds hand has been probably repainted but it's OK (it is very short in order to not touch the edges of the flat domed crystal).

Enjoy it! :-!

·
Registered
766 Posts
I agree with Sci, seconds hand has been probably repainted but it's OK (it is very short in order to not touch the edges of the flat domed crystal).

Enjoy it! :-!
I tend to agree about seconds hand... Either way it looks awesome! I have a same style Poljot in my collection with same kind of 'batons' and silver dial. This dial looks even cooler! :-!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts