WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Hope everyone is having a splendid weekend!

Tried searching to no avail so I'm gonna start a new thread...

Anyone ever had problems ordering from Vintage Straps?

Leather watch straps, leather watch bands, Vintagestraps

I placed my order on 18/, got the order confirmation on 19/2 and as of today there is no update on when the strap will be ready at all. Sent multiple emails and no one even bothered to reply.

I understand the lead time is stated as 30 working days for anything that's not in stock and needs to be made to order. But almost two calender months and not even a word?

Does this sound right to you?

This is the first time I order from them and I have never had this type of issues with any other online strap sellers...B&S, Gunny Straps etc all were top notch and always communicated very well.

I just sent another email stating politely but clearly that I'm giving them a week's time to respond. If I still don't hear from them I'm inclined to file a dispute with my credit card company and cancel the payment. Would you think this is taking it too far?

Cheers and hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Richard

Sent from my F8132 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
The link goes to an Italian website. What made you try to purchase from them? My suggestion is try Google Translate English to Italian and send them that message. A lot of Italians don't know English or that well.

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The link goes to an Italian website. What made you try to purchase from them? My suggestion is try Google Translate English to Italian and send them that message. A lot of Italians don't know English or that well.
Hmm, never thought about that as the website is in English so I guess I assumed they can at least communicate in simple English?

Still, thanks for the hint I think I'll give it a shot. But still you'd think they could have easily used Google translate to read my multiple emails...

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried everything and still no reply...no one here ever ordered from these guys? No experience to share?

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks mate that helps. I guess I have no choice but to wait at this point. Somehow I couldn't open the first link but either way thank you again
There are a couple of threads here about them I found via Google...not sure if I know how to post links but giving it a try. Read to the end of the first link:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f222/vintagestraps-made-italy-2936002-2.html

https://www.watchuseek.com/f222/vintagestraps-italy-3151506.html

Also saw thread on Omegaforums, that was super negative ie; slow to complete order or not at all and with bad communication.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thanks mate that helps. I guess I have no choice but to wait at this point. Somehow I couldn't open the first link but either way thank you again

Glad I could help! The first thread was just another person who had the same problem with them and said he was contacting his credit card company to help cancel the transaction.

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So basically these guys are slow and sucks in communicating with customers...definitely the first and last time I'm ordering from them.

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well what do you know! Today I got a message from DHL about a delivery and I was totally surprised as I wasn't expecting anything. Completely out of the blue Vintage Strap delivered!

The strap itself is satisfactory. Decent for the price they charge but not exactly extraordinary. For €95 there are many choices available that are of equal or higher quality.

Am I happy with the purchase? I think you all know the answer. But the fact that they delivered prompts me to do the decent thing and update here. But any self respected strap maker should take less than 10 months to deliver.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Clearly, you should not have chosen the "Overland via Camel Caravan, Air via Carrier Pigeon, and Sea via Message in a Bottle" delivery option. ;-)

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The strap looks rather good, obviously not worth the wait though.
You may want to edit out your address from the pic btw.
Thanks mate! I didn't even realize the address was on there...

The strap is not "bad"....but somehow the leather smells old. My experience is that smell comes from leather being stored in a humid environment thus the mouldy, old smell. No biggie it should go away after a few wear but still I've never had that with straps from other vendors that charges in these price range.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts