WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the forums......

Not sure if this belongs here and also not sure if this is vintage enough, but this watch was given to me a log time ago and I was looking for a little bit of information on it as Im just now appreciating it.
, if anyone could help. Only thing I know is that it is a Swiss Army VIP. Note I did put that leather strap on the watch because the other was torn badly.

Thanks in advance

utf-8BSU1BRzAyMDEuanBn.jpg

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Pics of the movement (insides) would help a lot. The T-Swiss-T (tritium lume) marking puts this in the 60's or 70's I think. But the dial makes me think relatively modern... The movement will resolve the question.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It takes a battery, so i suppose its a quartz movement? There is also an o-ring of some sort on the inside that looks like it could be changed.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Its an interesting quad-date watch with moonphase. Too me a few minutes to realize that the outer ring was week-of-the-year; you don't see that much. It loses points with me because of its attempt to mimic the look of a chronograph though, and the position of the sub-dials tells me that the movement is only a fraction of the size of the case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts