WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really digging this vintage model and I'm hoping to suss out its authenticity before I pull the trigger on bidding. Owner states that the hands, crown, and pushers are original. I'm also guessing the dial has been reworked as it is merely listed as "mint" condition. Movement says "Breitling Cal. 12 Automatic" but where's the rotor? Anyway, here's the listing:

Breitling Trans Ocean Chrono Matic Perfect RARE 70'S | eBay

$_57 (2).JPG
$_57 (1).JPG
$_57.JPG

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
9,039 Posts
Hello,

Breitling along with a couple of other makers developed the first auto chronograph in the late 60's. Heuer being one of the other partners also incorporated the movement into production models of the era. The link takes you to a nice expose of the movement as you scroll down the linked pages.

Heuer Monaco 1133B ‘Transitional’ (Heuer Cal. 11)… | The Watch Spot

And better still we have a Breitling oriented article with the same movement discussed..

http://thewatchspotblog.com/?tag=breitling

I quite like the watch in question. It looks very original as claimed but there are affectionados who may question the hands, we'll see.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True, should have worded "you very well could be the seller!" If he is, great...if not, great. Thanks you guys for the comments about the piece. Wish me luck in acquiring my first Breitling!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
" Originally Posted by Sgt. Angle
Oh I get it now after seeing your location. You're the seller!"

well, if you go through my posts here and other fora you'll see I've commented on several hundreds, maybe thousands of vintage pieces.

no, I wasn't the seller of those and, of course, have no connection whatsoever to this piece, besides the fact we both happen to live in the same, rather large city.

hope you won't win this one, frankly - and I promise never ever again to comment and try to help regarding a watch you ask about.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW, Fred. Overreact much? How is this an "attack"? I never stated you were lying or trying to mislead me. If you read that into my post them I am sorry but jeez relax a little. An observation was made that you and the seller were both located in Austria so you very well could be the seller promoting the authenticity and fine quality of your watch. Nothing wrong with that. And if you notice I did follow up and thank everyone for commenting so that further shows I had no malicious intent. There are a lot of fakes and ripoffs on the interweb classifieds so I'm just trying to cover my bases.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
it would be VERY wrong and totally unethical to comment on a watch I am selling without disclosing this - something only a crook would do.

in my book, at least, we seem to have very different values.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
See you when you next drop by WatchFred. Its been an interesting time having your expertise to call on. Thanks for all your help.
Not sure there will be 'a next time' , some people are easily pushed away , some people take a lot more abuse and finally admit to themselves 'ya know ? Enough is enough'

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
9,039 Posts
No one is pushing anyone away.
No one has committed a premeditated offense.
This is a watch forum. We discuss watches.
To the best of our ability.
If you can't carry a modicum of humor and forbearance in to the discussions
to allow for language usage and cultural differences then you will find offense everywhere.
If that is one's choice, then so be it.
I've had a gut full. Let's be clear, I've had a gut full.
Trying to account for the cultural perspectives carried by members from around the world
is almost impossible. Twelve (12) years moderating on this forum have produced remarkably few direct conflicts with
our members on our forum. I rate my job a success. If you haven't worked out that my attitude is tolerance for all points of view until they veer into the fraudulent, nasty, confrontational or prejudiced then you haven't been around long.

When I sighted that the population of Vienna was about 1.7 million souls, the clear inference for anyone who understands the language of chance in the mathematical sense is it was a 1.7 million to one chance (slightly better odds of winning a state lottery) that the seller and WatchFred were one and the same person, in other words, the chances were vanishingly small that we had a coincidence right here on the BFB forum that the person offering the watch for sale and the person commenting on the watch could be one and the same person.
It was SHORT HAND! There was no conflict of interest between the poster and the commentator. It was a defense on behalf of the commentator while considering the feelings of the poster.
"You may be drawing a long bow." now in context with the above should be crystal clear that I was saying that the OP was by way of mentioning the supposed conflict of interest off base and had no grounds to assume that the seller and the commentator were one and the same person. Again, it was a defense.

If you have a problem with the above, have a good look in the mirror and ask your self, could I have done any better?
Maybe, but you weren't sitting in my chair.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts