WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've been lucky enough to spend the last several weeks in Sicily vacationing with my wife and daughter. On a recent trip to Palermo I was fortunate enough to come upon several vintage Rolex watches for sale.....the first group was at an authorized dealer....they didn't have a no-date sub I wanted to see, but the gentlemen I was speaking to said that he had something much better...he takes me over to the vault and invites me to sit down...he then takes out a beautiful Tudor sub (used) with box, papers and such from 1972...all original, 3,000 Euro. Apparently the watch had been in a box in a safe...it has been cleaned and it is ready to go. He then pulls out a vintage Daytona....GORGEOUS watch....he will sell it for 23,000 Euro....Finally, he says, "I have something you will never see again, as there are only 2"...he pulls out what looks like a smaller sub without a bezel....it has applied markers...he tells me that it is one of two original Miligas (pardon my spelling) prototypes. It is for sale for 70,000 Euro.

If anyone is interested, please PM me, as I kept his card.

Gotta love this hobby!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts