WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I lived in Manhattan, I loved browsing through the many well-stocked vintage watch stores. Occasionally making great finds. Having moved back to Vancouver, BC, I'm at a loss.

Does anyone have any recommendations for vintage watch shops, dealers, etc.in Vancouver or Seattle? Or other BC and WA towns? I need an in person fix.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I was just visiting Vancouver and canvassed a number of thrift stores. I did not find anything vintage. Pretty disappointing. I visited a single antique store on Main Street between 30th and 35th. The guy had a gold plated electronic Tissot for $39 (not working and as is) and another vintage Swiss brand that was chrome plated ($30). I passed on them. He also had some Omegas (not on display) that started at $500. The owner is a vintage watch enthusiast, so he knows his stuff and his prices are retail an high IMO (no bargains). Good luck!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I've have the same limited results. I'll check the place on Main though, at least to see what he's got going. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
800 Posts
You're better bet might be estate sales. I have had tremendous success with these. I tried to find a website for Vancouver area estate sales, but couldn't find anything. Craigslist might list estate sales. G

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting idea. I'll look around. I sometimes hear of police sales too. Though I guess in that case you have no idea what you're getting. Our from whence :-S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts