WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

So tomorrow I will be flying to London for the very first time. I have little knowledge of what it is like, but I do hope to spend a short while going on the hunt for a few, (affordable) vintage watches. I understand that London, having the reputation of being a very expensive city, may not be the best place to look -- but it is worth a try.

Does anyone have any experience with buying vintage pieces from this city? Certain fruitless internet searches have pointed me in the wrong direction of classy (and equally expensive) high-end vintage shops, but I'm looking at the sub-£100 mark (ideally sub-£50:-x). Is this a naive objective? Haha. If not what about any vintage markets or stalls that might prove fruitful?

It has been a very long while since I have bought a vintage watch (near to seven months!), and I'd like to get something to commemorate my visiting the majestic land of the British isles. Cheers.b-) |>

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Check out the local market days.
I know there is one near the strand.
Anything in the shops I think will be far too expensive or junk.

You should also visit the Guild Of Watchmakers Museum - it is fantastic!

Reactions: Noam the Newt

·
Registered
264 Posts
Unfortunately summer is a better time for flee markets. You could try Camden and Portobello Market. You can also find some watchmakers there. Prices varies from 20 to few thousand pounds

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
You never know.. so worth a try. Anyway since you're in London you should visit those places anyway. Friday/Saturday from 9am till noon is recommended for flea market. The antique shops are open most of the time.( haven't been there any other days so I don;t know how is the market). But you want to be there around 9 - 10 to avoid the mass of tourists. they have a website with the hours also if I am not wrong
Thanks for the kind responses, though I understand that it may be difficult to find anything interesting!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts