WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this watch thrown in a drawer for 15 plus years. It was my dads watch, I believe the story told to me is that it was a high school graduation gift to him. He was born in 1936 so I'm assuming mid 1950s for the age on this watch, does that seem correct? Years ago when I received it I just assumed it didn't work, well I was rummaging through that drawer the another night and saw the watch and decided to give it a whirl and wound it up and low and behold it's working wonderfully still!

The case is 32mm, lugs are 17mm, applied indices and logo, signed crown, domed crystal, silver dial and Swiss made. The case back only says - All Proof 1200 Wrench

It's scratched up pretty well but looks worse with the macro photo than in person. I'm thinking the crystal is acrylic (any way to tell for sure?) and could be polished to remove the scratches, although some of them appear rather deep. The sides of the case are polished but I can't tell if the bezel is supposed to be brushed or it's just badly scratched up. I'm fairly certain the lug pins are not correct, maybe 18mm.

I showed it to my wife last night and surprisingly she really seemed interested in getting it cleaned up and finding a nice strap or bracelet for it, since it's a small elegant ladies size watch by today's standards. Any info or recommendations on the watch or what to do and/or not do in getting it back in service again would be great!

Witt.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts