WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - I am looking at this vintage Zenith (see attached pictures), presumably from the 50's (given the back of the watch's inscription) and would like to know if it is the real deal. I have looked at several sources of images online but cannot find a match. I also e-mailed Zenith about the serial number and am yet to hear back. Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,163 Posts
Welcome to the WUS Zenith forum. It loks like a very nice watch, however, the dial looks almost too good. I fear it may have been redone. Do you have the watch? If so, are the irregularities in the paint around the raised hour markers (in particular: paint creeping up the sides)? If so, it will have been repainted and is therefore no longer original. To many, this doesn't matter but the purist would say that it lowers the value of the watch.

Otherwise, it looks like a nice specimen from the 1950s. The low serial number on the movement (582291) shows that it was assembled in the french Zenith dependency in Besancon. The movement is a Cal. 106 - they used this calibre almost or even totally exclusively in Besancon.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts