WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Vintage Zenith el primero 'Big Blue' TV dial/ bracelet

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  aapalileo 
#1 ·
Hi
I'm getting a vintage Big Blue- but I'm worried the bracelet won't be big enough to fit my wrists-
does anyone know if it's possible the fit a standard leather strap on them?
The lug / spring bar fitting on the case does not appear standard ........
alternatively does anyone know of or have any spare links?

any info please drop me an email to benband19@yahoo.co.uk

thanks

Ben

#2 · (Edited)
Hi
I'm getting a vintage Big Blue- but I'm worried the bracelet won't be big enough to fit my wrists-
does anyone know if it's possible the fit a standard leather strap on them?
The lug / spring bar fitting on the case does not appear standard ........
alternatively does anyone know of or have any spare links?

any info please drop me an email to benband19@yahoo.co.uk

thanks

Ben
If you need spare parts for the Chatelain bracelet (*), my advice would be to pick up a three hands watch like a Zenith Defy or Port Royal or Pilot with the same bracelet: in this way you get the bracelet you need, and you can keep or sell the rest of the watch for spare parts. At least I think the bracelets are basically the same, and the bracelet for the TV El Primero only has wider endlinks. I've never tried it myself though, as I have an original NSA bracelet for my 'TV' El Primero (and for that I managed to buy some links from a professional seller who sells NSA parts and bracelets). Another solution would be to wait for a complete bracelet for the TV El Primero to come up for sale, which occasionally happens.

(*) See also https://www.watchuseek.com/f27/what-brand-made-bracelet-zenith-910993.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.