WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Does this look Legit?

The case has been polished unfortunately.

My concerns are,
the "swiss made" looks slightly off center, although a search on the old interwebs shows this is how it should look, or close to it.

And the seller describes it as a cal 126.6, but i think i can see "120" on the movement.

And does the crown look original?

Thanks for any thoughts.
s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
It's a cal 120. Crown is wrong and modern, they were usually acorn profile. Hands look to have been painted, rather than luminescent material applied; an odd choice. Sadly over-polished. Agree with laikrodukas.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yes, case is a bit over polished, but this model is roundish by shape, so it has not lost totally it's figure. Lume in hands is loud, but it can be removed and remade. Like said, crown is a replacement (orig is no more aviable). Movement number dates to 1956 and case number to 1959 - 60. Nothing fishy with that, Zenith did storage ready made movements to the shelf. I'd say all in all it is a fair specimen of model Pilot.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Lovely dial and movement, bit of a pity about the lume on the hands. But the case... Hope that whoever butchered it like that, gets cannon pinion issues and broken balance staffs forever and a day longer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, after some thought, and browsing, i took a shot on this watch. Got it for a good deal after bringing up some concerns with the seller.

And here she be.
P2106762.jpg P2106763.jpg

All in all im happy.

And like Hessu mentions above, some of these had a rounded case.
There is no "step down" that has been polished clean off. The paint on the hands is a lot better in real life, the original photos seem to exagerate it a bit. Just needs a better crown imo.

Very similar to the one shown second post in this thread
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f27/identifying-zenith-pilot-watch-591295.html

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just looked at my zenith and the one in that thread i linked to, and i believe they are the same watch :/
If you look close to the patina spots, and crown.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Here's mine, it has not been polished. So you can see your's is not so badly polished after all.

P3170007.JPG

P3170002.JPG

P3170005.JPG

P3170006.JPG

P3170003.JPG This one does not have the Pilot case back.

PC300020.JPG Here's an another with beautiful bicolor dial.

PC300021.JPG It does have a Pilot case back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts