WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

561 - 580 of 640 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
Class action suit against the Russian Post, during the pandemic?? Laughable at best.
I would not be that quick to laugh. There are many events that if advertised in advance would be met by a laughter. I am old enough to know that unexpected things happen and happen quite often. I also know that ‘what goes around comes around’. Regardless of whatever there will be legal action against Russian Post or not this company and its management will get what it deserves.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I would not be that quick to laugh. There are many events that if advertised in advance would be met by a laughter. I am old enough to know that unexpected things happen and happen quite often. I also know that ‘what goes around comes around’. Regardless of whatever there will be legal action against Russian Post or not this company and its management will get what it deserves.
I think you might need to have a break from things as we need your better judgement and knowledge later down the line.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Thing is, Russian post is up against the wall as are many, they can only move so many by air, ship or truck and can only do so when there is ability to receive post, I know the UK were seriously backed up in receiving warehouses at every entry point with as many as 4 in 5 going off with the bug.

I did a stint at Waterloo's red star parcels and international stuff we couldn't take unless there was an allotted receiver slot in that country, with most people leaving it up to us to process the parcel as and when a window opened up then off it would go but we also had allotted slots for various countries and if the limit was reached we couldn't process the parcel simply because we had no room for it.

Back in the days of lightning strikes here in Britain, it could stymie the post who depended on the UK as a hub and it was then the receiver agents refused entry so other countries started backing up badly as back then London was the imperial sorting office for the empire as well as the facility that handled US to Europe traffic by and large so you can imagine the furore on just one days strike and some of those strikes went on for ages.

So yes it is bloody annoying the slow post from Russia, Ukraine etc but got to be fair they simply can only work the system as it stands, if Europe, UK, the states are chockbloc full up to the nines of capacity working it through best they can then no amount of lawsuits are really going to change matters and these postal services should bring in extra staff but profit is king so will take their bally time at it much to our frustration.

A shame I deleted the email I got from Ukraine's postal hierarchy, pretty much saying what I said above but in customer friendly sort of words.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #564
I think you might need to have a break from things as we need your better judgement and knowledge later down the line.
I am trying.... lol. I just cannot stand unfinished things. Probably better to forget about these parcels for now.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Probably better to forget about these parcels for now.
That's a defeatist attitude, now is the time to hit them even harder. Keep sending messages every few hours until you get your watches. However, there is a possibility that some assembly may be required after you get them. :-d

https://youtu.be/UOJiEgxt7RY

EDIT: Mine is now listed as "Prepared for shippment"

·
Registered
342 Posts
The shipping status of my order changed Friday from "Customs clearance, Released by custom house" on April 5th to "Processing, Arrival at inward office of exchange".

Not sure what this really means, but I am glad to see an update nevertheless. Can anyone shine any light on this minor change in status?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Now the pochta.ru as far as I can see has replaced the "Released from Russia" indication to "Prepared for shipment from Russia". It seems too many people have complained.
Reading the news for Russia, it seems Russia has cancelled quarantine at 6/9/2020. I don't know the impact of that at international post.
I prefer people there stay healthy. Our watch will come eventually I suppose....
Mine has changed status just like yours did.

·
Registered
531 Posts
The shipping status of my order changed Friday from "Customs clearance, Released by custom house" on April 5th to "Processing, Arrival at inward office of exchange".

Not sure what this really means, but I am glad to see an update nevertheless. Can anyone shine any light on this minor change in status?
Possibly got to the Nederland Border control? Either that, or it's gone to another Russian customs house!

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Just received a Vostok today that I ordered 4/29 from Chistopolcity.com
They use PostNL and ship from Kirov to the Netherlands, then off to the US. It took about a month from Russia until it left NL, then another month from NL to the US. Not sure how PostNL works but perhaps it went by boat instead of plane. Hard to say as the tracking info went from "leaving NL to US" on 5/20 to "Arrived in (my town) on 6/21 with no updates in between.

Well, that's one "missing" package anyway. Not the oldest for me though.

·
Registered
957 Posts

Doesn’t that mean it has gone back into the system....?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Now the pochta.ru as far as I can see has replaced the "Released from Russia" indication to "Prepared for shipment from Russia". It seems too many people have complained.
Reading the news for Russia, it seems Russia has cancelled quarantine at 6/9/2020. I don't know the impact of that at international post.
I prefer people there stay healthy. Our watch will come eventually I suppose....
Yes. All my newly permanent resident packages in Sharapovo have been changed to that designation. Nothing has changed but the nomenclature.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My package from meranom hasn't moved for almost 3 months (last activity was 3/30). I contacted them and they referred me to this thread and told me to just wait. Is it possible it will still arrive or is it a write off at this point?

I tried scanning this thread but there are too many posts to to go through all of them.

"Tracking History

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.
March 30, 2020, 1:23 pm
Processed Through Facility
MOSKVA PCI-21, RUSSIAN FEDERATION
March 24, 2020, 12:24 pm
Acceptance
RUSSIAN FEDERATION"

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
My package from meranom hasn't moved for almost 3 months (last activity was 3/30). I contacted them and they referred me to this thread and told me to just wait. Is it possible it will still arrive or is it a write off at this point?

I tried scanning this thread but there are too many posts to to go through all of them.

"Tracking History

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.
Acceptance
RUSSIAN FEDERATION"
I have one from March too. Bottom line is no one really knows what will happen or when. At this time Meranom is still saying to sit tight and be patient.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #575

"Tracking History

Acceptance
RUSSIAN FEDERATION"
Depends how strong is your faith. Lol.
What makes it ‘good’ that there tons of parcels in this state. Hard to steal or destroy so many. Something will be done. I am still waiting not ready to give up. Recently we have noticed a change in the nomenclature of the status for new parcels:

From
Released for Russia
To
Prepared for shipment from Russia

This signifies, at least to me:

1) Russian post acknowledged that nothing actually ‘left Russia’
2) they are aware of the situation and took time at least to change the statuses for the tracking system or process the new mail a bit differently

I think we may see something happening in a few weeks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have to agree that their are far too many packages held up in the postal system starting in March so I will just wait for my surprise present to show when it does. Who knows I may even remember what I ordered :) by the time the item shows. Life goes on.

561 - 580 of 640 Posts