WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First and foremost, I thank you all for your well wishes, prayers and concern as a result of my recent hospitalisation to remove the first of two brain tumours. I can honestly say that it made a huge difference knowing that you were "cheering" me on.

Now to watches.

I was due to travel to the US however scheduled medical appointments has put a stop to it. However, the opportunity has arisen to travel to Japan in the week prior to the time that I would have left for the US. My neurosurgeon as given me the all-clear to travel at that time.

Does anyone know whether Seiko, Citizen, or Orient offers tours of their factory? I know there are tours of the Seiko Museum.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
I have a feeling that the manufacturers build products in multiple separate campuses, so it'd be a thought to ask and make arrangements before you leave. Still, you would be able to splash out on JDM models not easily available elsewhere!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Another "not a clue" here but glad you're up, kicking and posting on the forum again :)

Sent from the whirlybird

·
Premium Member
71,277 Posts
Good to see you posting here again. Yet another "don't know" here but why not drop them an email and see what they say? Even if they do tours it's still best to confirm with them first. I remember the tale of a guy who was in Switzerland so he thought he'd visit the Oris factory and do a tour. One slight problem, there were no tours that day and he ended up stood in the street like a numpty (Oris didn't even bother to tell him that there were no tours that day - they just left him standing in the entrance)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts