WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Today I took a trip to see the Christopher Ward offices in Maidenhead, Berkshire. They have recently (last week) opened up their new showroom and customers are welcome to visit and try on a few watches by appointment.

Having spend the weekend in the south west of the UK, Maidenhead was almost on the way home. Having taken the wife to a wildlife park on Monday I managed to swing a visit to C Ward today.

You need to let them know which watches you are interested in when you make the appointment. I asked to look at the two new C60 Tridents
Watch Analog watch Orange Watch accessory Fashion accessory
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Fashion accessory
as well as the C40 Speedhawk and the C70 Vanwall (which is the newer version of the C70 series, my only CW watch thus far)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Product Fashion accessory
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Declan at CW was more than happy to arrange an appointment, even though I explained that I wasn't in a position to buy at the moment, but the C60 could be a purchase before the year is out.

On arrival we were shown into a reception room and a selection of watches (mostly C60s) arrived
Watch Box Fashion accessory Table
The Vanwall wasn't available yet, and they had just sent the prototype off to be photographed.

First, the Speedhawk. Seriously nice. I love this in black. This was my wife's favourite of the watches I tried on (she always manages so go for the expensive ones). I preferred the s/s version on leather though. I could easily fall in love with this watch. It's a pretty big watch, but very comfortable, and my first experience with an automatic chronograph.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

The orange C60 is, well, ......orange. The strap and bezel are the same orange, which doesn't come across clearly in pictures.
Watch Analog watch Orange Watch accessory Fashion accessory
It's certainly a striking combination. The orange is vibrant and makes the other C60s a little dull in comparison. The only question: could I pull of that orange strap?

Next up, the blue C60. I loved this watch when I first got the email from CW. The blue is stunning. It ticks all the boxes for me - right size, textured dial, great colour, interesting second hand, and it also hand winds, hacks and comes on a more than decent bracelet.
Watch Analog watch Blue Watch accessory Cobalt blue

So which tempted me most? The orange sure is beautiful, but is it too much? The blue is gorgeous, but plain next to the orange version (even though the cobalt blue is NOT plain)? Here's my C70 with these two great watches.
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

It's difficult to leave this place without being very temped to buy something. As I said earlier, I'm not currently in a position to buy. I have some funds set aside and have sold a couple of watches recently, but I try to only spend on watches what I have specifically set aside from watches.

However, the wife is the ultimate enabler and I came home with this:
Box Material property Font Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Such a tease. :-d

I do like the blue, orange looks ok on the braclet, but is way too much on the orange strap. Shame the vanwall wasn't there though, that's a lovely looking watch.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Well definitely the C60, my guess is the blue.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Was there any discussion about the 38mm Tridents that are coming? That would zoom right to the top of my wish list.
I haven't heard about those.. and just when I had convinced myself that I didn't need a Trident :(

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I read where they were scheduling visits to their office, I like that touch! Thanks for sharing your experience with us, I really enjoyed reading about it.

Yes! What, if anything, was said about the 38mm Tridents?! Not that they're huge as is, but I think a smaller size would be a smart move.

Thanks again!

Randy

·
Premium Member
40,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Was there any discussion about the 38mm Tridents that are coming? That would zoom right to the top of my wish list.
No discussion about the smaller C60s. I was originally looking at the C60s wondering if they would be too big and I should wait for the smaller ones. As it turned out the 42mm was the perfect size so I didn't think any more about it.
I expect the smaller ones will be available in early summer though

1 - 20 of 71 Posts