WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may all know Pellikaan watches, the small Dutch manufacturer, from their (imho) great designs:

Schermafbeelding 2014-05-04 om 15.58.47.jpg Schermafbeelding 2014-05-04 om 16.00.35.jpg
From left to right: Flying Dutchman Perpetuum and Flying Dutchman II Sport (© Pellikaan)

Well, I spoke to Hubert, the founder and owner, and he told me this one will be released next week:

So here you go, this is the scoop! The model is called Pellikaan Hubert Lorentz. A black dial version with white hands will be available as well.

More information at Pellikaan Watches

·
Moderator Public Forum
2,879 Posts
Nice. I like the design.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Ernie
good to see you on this watch fair!
indeed it will be out next monday. The scoop is the prototype that has been on various straps, with several hand types, and with several crowns. Also been used rather heavily for a dress type watch.
Actually it is in between of a laboratory watch and a dress watch.

Lorentz is the guy who did the math in the theory of special relativity, so I thought he deserves a bit of honouring also in these days

cheers hubert pellikaan

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Wasn't aware of the brand but man those things are seriously trick. Time to start saving up my shekels again. Very nice!

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Interesting quarter hour inner... now if it just had an alarm function...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Very, very attractive watches. My only qualms as an observer or bystander are the different spacings between the words "pellikaan" and "timing," perhaps too much and too little spaces between the letters respectively? Absolutely fantastic red classic hands on the model with sub-seconds though.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I've always greatly admired this company's dial designs. Years ago a company I was associated made watches for the Dutch Navy's Officer Association. The design was also dutch and I thought they were among some of the best looking watches I had ever seen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts