WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I don't own a Ball yet, but today I had a chance to visit a local Ball AD to finally check out the line. I must say I was very happy that I did. I know that everyone here raves about the fit and finish, and I must agree that it is as good as any other watch that I own including Omega and Sinn. I had the chance to try on the Night Train (very nice), the Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic, the new EM11 Diver Cosc (I loved the size and look but not the weight of the titanium. I guess I am used too and prefer a heavier watch), and my favorite the Engineer Hydrocarbon Mad Cow in black (I loved the look and color of the titanium and the steel and the larger size, weight and thickness). I would have loved to compare the white color to the black, but they only had a black one available. I think I have found my first Ball, now all I have to do is save some money, sell a few watches and a kidney :0) and buy one. Hopefully the wait won't be too long before I own one. :)

Len

P.S.- Sorry for the rambling, but these watches have gotten me excited. Now how about some pics of your Mad Cows. I would also appreciate the info on some recommended Ball AD's that offer good prices if possible. Please PM me with that info as I do not want to break any forum rules :) Thanks.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Didn't you just love looking at and touching those nice watches in the display case?? Talk about a kid in a "candy shop"! The Hydrocarbons in SS are hefty and handsome timepieces---you'll enjoy one no doubt and will soon be choosing your second Ball....then comes a watch winder which will have "open slots" that need to be filled---so here comes Ball #3....and so on and so on! ;-)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi Len,

Welcome to the Ball Watch Company Forum! :-!

I felt the exact same way as you, the first time I stepped into a Ball AD. The quality, fit and finish, and beauty of these watches are amazing...and then there are those tritium tubes! :p I had originally gone there with the Hydrocarbon Classic(I or II) on my mind, and my AD had a nice selection of the various Hydrocarbon models on display. I got to try on all of them, as well as some other models...but the one model that kept catching my eye, no matter how hard I was trying to focus on the Hydrocarbon Classic, was the Engineer Master II Classic...a dress watch! I finally realized that this watch was speaking to me...so I ordered one with the bracelet(as the AD only had the strap version in stock), and 5 days later, I had my first Ball! And I couldn't be happier! :-!

A Hydrocarbon is definitely on my "next watch to buy" list! I've tried on the black dialed "Mad Cow", and it's a beautiful piece. I'm usually a black dial guy, so no surprise there...but I've also tried on the white dialed "Mad Cow", and the blued hands set against that gorgeous white guilloché dial is absolutely stunning. The choice for me, suddenly, is not so obvious... :think:

As CalDiver mentioned, it is like a candy shop...for WIS! ;-)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris, I can definitely see Ball watches becoming addicting, as they are just awesome with a fit and finish that can rival any watch. This can be a problem as I already have a watch winder that is filled up :eek:)

Sukispop, Ball sure has a nice variety of watches from dressier to sporty models which can make it difficult to make a choice. Sounds like you made a great first choice. The black Mad Cow was great looking, but I only wish they had the white faced one to compare it to. I can't wait until I am able to get my first Ball. :)

Len

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
Len,

You should ask your AD to get one in so you can make a decision...I would hope that they would get one in for you to see side by side.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Len,

You should ask your AD to get one in so you can make a decision...I would hope that they would get one in for you to see side by side.
Thanks Warren, when I am a little closer to purchasing one I will ask the AD if that is possible. It would be nice to see both the black and the white model to help me decide which one I prefer (although I am sure both look awesome). :)

Len

1 - 6 of 6 Posts