WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all there,

I will be visiting Japan in two weeks (I still can believe it!) with my wife. I would like to ask you all for suggestions on what in particular to look for while in Japan. My question is which watches (Seiko, Orient, and Citizen) do you guys consider unique and very nice that only you might be able to get in Japan. To open possibilities, the price range I will be looking for is between -$1 and $2000 USD dollars. I am inclined a little bit towards mechanical watches, but as somebody already suggested me, Citizen Campanolas (quartz for you folks that might not know the Citizen line) is something that I am considering. So there you go guys, please post all your comments; I am open to any kind of taste, within that range. If you happen to know areas (and/or shops) in Tokyo and Kyoto where I might find nice watches, please let me know (preferably by PM).

Than you all,:)

K.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
:-! Nice choice for vacation in Japan my friend.i hope i will go to in the land of jap watch.Anyway My opinion CITIZEN line is the best promaster and then other models which is nice too.Look for the Nighthawk good choice.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you G Shock!

Any other comments/suggestions for any of you guys?
I cannot believe that in about a week I will be in Japan....b-)

Cheers to all!

K.

·
Registered
107 Posts
welcome to japan!!! im sure youll going to enjoy your stay here plus a good place to find nice japanese brand watches. you might try looking on the seiko mechanical line:
here are my picks:
SARB021
SARC007
SARN003
SARL003

or these prospex
SBDS001
SBDX001

Have a nice vacation!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Have a look at the nighthawk, on the lower end of your range, with a ebay price of 200 with shipping roughly. That however is the SS model, with mineral crystal, i hear that there is a titanium model with sapphire, which i was unfortunately unable to locate online..if you find it then you've done very well for urself.

V

·
0 Posts
Orient Star/Star Royal
Seiko Spirit/Mechanical/Brightz/Advan
Citizen Campagnola
Grand Seiko
Seiko Laurel/Credor
Casio MRG
Citizen Promaster/Attesa

These are all Japan only lines within your budget. For pictures, google for Jayhawk seiko ittc

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you agent_tom, bmwpowe, and vandice.
I cannot believe that we are off to Tokyo this Monday...only in two days !!!b-)
I will check for those watches, and more...
All the best,

K.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hope you are having fun in Tokyo. I am sure you will find a few nice pieces in Tokyo. Tokyo is a horrible place for a watch person, because they have those stores with stories of watches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts