WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Here is the spot... Jörg occupies the first floor of this building in the village of Engelsbrand a few KMs outside of Pforzheim.

Here is a picture of his workshop. He has three other watchmakers employed to help work on the Stowa production, but he hand finishes every watch that carries the Stowa name. Every Schauer watch is personally made by Jörg.

Watchmakers bench.

Quality control... Jörg demands nothing less than perfection from every watch that leaves the facility.

Finishing up a Prodiver. Jörg does the finish work himself, hand asembling the bezels, fitting the bracelet or band, and making sure that everything is perfect on the watch.

Antea Limited watches... notice all of these watches are timed to +-0!!

One hand movements ready for casing.

Talking shop with Jörg. He is a very interesting person, extremely hardworking and dedicated to pushing his brand forward. I am very excited for the new offerings coming from him for the 80th Anniversary and for his 40th birthday with Schauer watches. I took many more photos and we talked at length about both brands and future plans. Very exciting for watch fans.

A new batch is almost ready to ship to watchbuys.com.

Many beautiful colors. I must say that my favorite Prodiver (as well as his) is the Limette.

I came away very impressed. I do not think you will find another watch company like Stowa or Schauer.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Great photos! Thank you so much for sharing. I like seeing all the different combinations of dial and hand colors in that last shot of the tray.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Thank you for sharing the photos. Great pics. I am excited to see what he'll do for the 80th anniversary and his 40th bday.

I saw in the last pic a really bright blue Prodiver with the Orange minute hand. I would love that blue.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Fascinating! Thanks for posting! :)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Wanna go there too...but sadfully there´s no chance to visit Jörg within this year anymore:-( O|

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nice pictures, I see a Fliegerstrap in the picture with Jorg.... could it be the strap for the 2007 Airman?? :think: :think:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the visit - I enjoyed mine some time ago.

Looking forward to hearing what he is coming out with for his birthday celebrations.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Re: Visiting Schauer- Excellent Mark!

Beautiful Pictures! Way to go, thanks for sharing, just another reason why
I love my PD and want someday the Schaeur , when I can afford it.
PIC borrowed form Jorgs site.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Fantastic pictures:-! !!! I really enjoy seeing where all the watches are built. Thank you for the tour of our favorite small watchmaker in Germany!! I hope one day I can visit Germany and pay a visit to Stowa.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Re: Visiting Schauer- Excellent Mark!

3hospitals said:
Beautiful Pictures! Way to go, thanks for sharing, just another reason why
I love my PD and want someday the Schaeur , when I can afford it.
PIC borrowed form Jorgs site.
There is one with the white dial for sale in the salescorner right now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts