WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to buy watches while I visit Toronto, staying in Waterloo. I read in forums that stores usually charge full retail price. So I was looking for other options.

I checked Amazon prices. Suppose for eg: the Seiko Orange monster Srp315 Price : amazon.com – 168$ , amazon.ca – 209CAD – 192$. The other watches I prefer are charged a marked up price as well in .ca site. How do you guys usually carry out your purchases?.

Also, please let me know watch stores in Toronto to check out Seikos, Citizens, Casios.

Much appreciate your inputs.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
You will find most brands in Yorkdale and Sherway Malls. Sherway has Seiko in European Jewellery I believe.

But you will find the best prices on sites like Amazon like you already mentioned.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks watchnrolla. Buying it from a US store and importing it into Canada calls for import duty I believe. So purchasing directly from .ca sites is the most cost effective way?.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Thanks watchnrolla. Buying it from a US store and importing it into Canada calls for import duty I believe. So purchasing directly from .ca sites is the most cost effective way?.
If you can find the best price, for these watches, just go for it; duties on a $168 made in japan should be around $34 after tax. Otherwise, Amazon.ca will work. You'll generally find the best prices online.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Basically if you're going to buy anything like that in Ontario, you wont be able to make a deal. They will charge you sticker price and 13% tax.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
hi, welcome to Canada/Toronto!

as others have said,
first of all it's hard to find great options here in Toronto (in term of luxury watches),
second, price aint that great as well,

if I were you, I'd wait until I take a trip to the States to do any watch purchases

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I remember seeing a SEIKO boutique on Bloor St. Unfortunately I was there on Thanksgiving holiday and every store was closed.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I remember seeing a SEIKO boutique on Bloor St. Unfortunately I was there on Thanksgiving holiday and every store was closed.
Didn't they close that store?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

as others have said,
first of all it's hard to find great options here in Toronto (in term of luxury watches),

if I were you, I'd wait until I take a trip to the States to do any watch purchases
I was pleasantly surprised when I came accross preowned Rolexes at the Bay. That's beyond what we get here in Quebec at the same store. It’s all about clientele, I suppose.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Have no idea. Was there in 2011. Too bad if they did.
I was there last year and tried finding it, but it had apparently closed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

as others have said,

Thanks ari.seoul. I hope my stay gets extended. Trying to find friends in Buffalo in the mean time :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts