WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do both of these use exactly the same 2422 module in terms of visible detail such as lettering and colouring?

Just about to buy a GG and have a GW-225A band spare. Not wanting to franken this one, but if it looks genuine then thats ok.

Cheers,

Catch22.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Do both of these use exactly the same 2422 module in terms of visible detail such as lettering and colouring?

Just about to buy a GG and have a GW-225A band spare. Not wanting to franken this one, but if it looks genuine then thats ok.

Cheers,

Catch22.

I have both frogs and they differ slightly:

The frog below is actually a GG (GW-225E) frog with the GG band and bezel dyed black with RIT dye and the letters repainted ( I used gold instead of the Dawn black mustard yellow for the g-shock letters and grey for the rest)

Here is one of my Dawn Blacks Frogs (GW-225A) below for comparison:

Notice the gold color of the eye on the GG module is less gold then the eye of the Dawn Black and the lettering on face is slightly different on these two modules.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for that.

I have used my 225a band/bezel on my GW-200-2JF and I really dont like the colours on the module when using the black band. It looks ok with the OE navy blue band, just not the black imho.

Cheers,

Catch22.

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
Quick question, how long would the Gold plating last on the GW 225A? I am just about to get one .

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Quick question, how long would the Gold plating last on the GW 225A? I am just about to get one .
Exactly 3119 days, 4 hours, 27 minutes, 17 seconds. At least that's what I think I remember seeing in the manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts