WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is official news from Poljot-Volmax, which makes Buran, Aviators and Shturmanskie watches!

After signing of Sponsorship Agreement with National Aerobatic Team The Swifts and in connection with growing recognizability of Aviator watches, the events of our Products falsification become more and more frequent, as well as illegall use of brand names Aviator, Buran, Shturmanskie in commercial purposes by individuals and organizations, which have no relations with our company. Especially mass offers of watches, which are similar to Aviator, Buran, Shturmanskie on the following web-sites make us anxious:

www.aviator-watch.com
www.Ebay.com
www.poljot-watches.ru
www.russia-watches.com
www.russian-time.com
www.ruwatch.com
www.poljot24.de
www.poljot.de
www.poljot-times.com
www.rugift.com
www.ruspluss.com

VolMax officially states, that we doesn't have any partner relationships with the above listed sites and, relatively, in no way give warranties for goods, provided by them.

Origin of these goods arouses huge doubts.

You may see this on official website www.aviatorwatch.ru... So don't buy from this sellers...

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Here is official news from Poljot-Volmax, which makes Buran, Aviators and Shturmanskie watches!

After signing of Sponsorship Agreement with National Aerobatic Team The Swifts and in connection with growing recognizability of Aviator watches, the events of our Products falsification become more and more frequent, as well as illegall use of brand names Aviator, Buran, Shturmanskie in commercial purposes by individuals and organizations, which have no relations with our company. Especially mass offers of watches, which are similar to Aviator, Buran, Shturmanskie on the following web-sites make us anxious:

www.aviator-watch.com
www.Ebay.com
www.poljot-watches.ru
www.russia-watches.com
www.russian-time.com
www.ruwatch.com
www.poljot24.de
www.poljot.de
www.poljot-times.com
www.rugift.com
www.ruspluss.com

VolMax officially states, that we doesn't have any partner relationships with the above listed sites and, relatively, in no way give warranties for goods, provided by them.

You may see this on official website www.aviatorwatch.ru... So don't buy from this sellers...
AntonyK, after reading your post, i felt the need to check the truthfulness of that new. It is effectively present on http://www.aviatorwatch.ru/en/news

However, all your posts since your registration to the forum promotes items from Solod.com (=hidden advertising), and your last phrase ("don't buy from these sellers") is just an attempt by another seller to take advantage of that Volmax's warning (by the way, that's just a statement about the distribution rights, Volmax simply does not wants to distribute watches to sellers who sell other brands, i never seen Volmax fakes... :roll: )

Definitely, i repeat that i'm not interested in quarrels between sellers/distributors/etc. for mere commercial reasons. :-|

And i remind you to read the forum rules about the advertising on the forum!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK.

But this site isn't in list... So I've just posting info. I didn't give any link and "buy there!". There are many more russian watch selling websites and which one working well and legal - isn't my business. So I don't want to looks like "man who want make money with posts." I work in another company...

But, as I know Volmax really cannot find where from watches on this websites are...

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Hi -

Exactly. Ones that I've bought from in the past, and wouldn't hesitate to buy from again in the future...

I went to the web site and checked and what Volmax is warning about is not buying from *authorized* dealers. Our own Irina from P. Maier is the authorized reseller in Germany, the only one listed.

It's most certainly their right to point out that one should only buy from authorized dealers. But I can't imagine quite a few of the fellows mentioned there aren't buying directly from the factory, and if Volmax was really interested in stopping the sales, they'd be able to do it simply by refusing to deliver to anyone but authorized dealers.

Sounds a tad like they want to have their cake and eat it to...

JohnF

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Agreed! I've bought from some of those listed and I'm very happy with my purchases

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,736 Posts
Hi -

Exactly. Ones that I've bought from in the past, and wouldn't hesitate to buy from again in the future...

I went to the web site and checked and what Volmax is warning about is not buying from *authorized* dealers. Our own Irina from P. Maier is the authorized reseller in Germany, the only one listed.

It's most certainly their right to point out that one should only buy from authorized dealers. But I can't imagine quite a few of the fellows mentioned there aren't buying directly from the factory, and if Volmax was really interested in stopping the sales, they'd be able to do it simply by refusing to deliver to anyone but authorized dealers.

Sounds a tad like they want to have their cake and eat it to...

JohnF
Volmax have been putting the squeeze on independent distributors in the last year or so. Roy Taylor of RLT watches had a run-in with them. They told him that his advertizing of their watches was an infringement of copyright or something :-X and said that he was breaking the law by not buying from their UK distributor (who was charging retail for the quantities that Roy wanted). He said there was no law that said he could not buy directly from Russia, especially as he was careful to only buy genuine Volmax products. Shortly after that, his contact in Moscow told him he was no longer able to supply Volamx products to Roy :rodekaart

The full story is on the RLT Russian forum if you want to look it up.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Hi -

Then it sounds like the Russians have finally started to learn some of the nastier sides of capitalistic activity: if you want to make more money without doing things better, control your markets to limit the supply and demand will be met via higher prices.

The problem, though, is that they may well price themselves out of the market, since if I have a $300 budget for a new watch, given where Russian watch prices will be going if this happens will mean that I would, as a normal consumer, then be more likely to buy a Eurasian watch like an Ingersoll rather than a pure Russian like a Poljot.

And given what is out there in the $500-$1500 range (Stowa, Sinn, etc), then Volmax will have to significantly improve their watches to enter this price spread. You can only fleece the unsuspecting so long: at some point even the masses wise up, and once they get the reputation of being overpriced, it's hard to maintain the business.

Of course, they may have no choice but to raise their prices given their business situation: if so, then we will see the prices of vintage Russian increase significantly, since there won't be much of an industry left.

And why, please, would I even consider buying a Poljot or a Volmax chronograph with a 7750 inside??? If I buy one, I want a Russian caliber inside. Call me a purist, but that's the way it is for me...

JohnF

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi -

And why, please, would I even consider buying a Poljot or a Volmax chronograph with a 7750 inside??? If I buy one, I want a Russian caliber inside. Call me a purist, but that's the way it is for me...

JohnF
Hello to all,

I agree you 100% :-!

Have a nice Christmas
Christian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is official news from Poljot-Volmax...

organizations, which have no relations with our company. Especially mass offers of watches, which are similar to Aviator, Buran, Shturmanskie on the following web-sites make us anxious:

www.poljot-times.com
www.rugift.com

Hello,
I'm Natali from www.rugift.com
We sell only original watches, we don't sell imitations. We have the same prices as factory recommends. There is warranty to every watch.
Besides, we sell not only Volmax watches but also many others such as Raketa, Vostok, Vostok-Europe, Chaika, Nesterov and so on.
And all of them are of original production!

We don't like someone doubts our goods.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I wonder if at least part of the reason for the Volmax policy statement is in response to new Russian manufacturers springing up and using names, logos, etc. that Volmax believes are solely theirs. We have had discussions on this forum in the past about some of the "copy-cat" Russian watches now on the market that don't identify the true manufacturer and offer warranties that are suspect. I don't know if the sellers included on the Volmax list have been also selling some of the brands that may be (allegedly) infringing on Volmax trademarks.

Just wondering...:think:

(P.S., Although I am an authorized U.S. dealer of the Aviator, Buran, and Shturmanskie brands, I have no 'inside information' regarding these issues. The above are only my personal thoughts on the matter.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts