WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I found a Vostok 2414a movement in a regular Komandirskie case in my drawer. There is no rust in it but when I try to unscrew the crown and wind it there is no tension which normally would. There is still those clicking sound by the way. And I noticed on the dial while trying to wind it the minutes and hours hands were skipping. It wasn't supposed to move when the movement was working correctly. I then pulled the crown to the time setting position and when I turned the crown hands were turning normally no skipping whatsoever.

I then opened the case and did everything over again. I noticed that while I tried to wind the watch the only the gear containing the mainspring and the small gear next to it were rotating. The rest weren't moving at all. I also inspected the balance wheel and it seemed to be in good condition. Nothing seemed to be jammed or stuck.

Any ideas on what could happen and fixed. Since this movement is relatively cheap I have no plan bringing to a watchmaker but I just want it to run again.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
It Could be all manner of things but a few that come to mind from your description are. Keyless works problem and broken main spring.

As always a picture paints a thousand words, so post one up of the movement if you can.

Cheers...

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I bet on broken mainspring (or detached from the pivot’s hook). You can get a spare movement or an old working beater, and swap the barrel with spring. It is not that hard but you need a few small screwdrivers and spend some time watching YouTube videos.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Here is a video I've made. 0:00 - 0:39 (winding mode) the rest of the video (time setting mode). Note the click in 0:06 is when the date calendar changes and as you can see the hour and minute hands "bounced" off sometime when trying to set it in time setting mode. But they work most of the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay I got my spring barrel taken out and inside a bag but I can't tell if is it broken or not since the spring seems to be nicely put in place.
IMG_1602.JPG

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I agree. Check if the inner end has the tip with the hole that is hooked properly. If the hole is broken then the spring will not be taking any load. Or just examine. There got to be an issue with the spring. We saw the wheel turning but the spring was not tightening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts