WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came across this Vostok 24hr watch on this forum. I can't seem to find any place that has them in stock. This would be my first 24hr and my first Russian watch. Any suggestions?

Todd

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,537 Posts
I recently came across this Vostok 24hr watch on this forum. I can't seem to find any place that has them in stock. This would be my first 24hr and my first Russian watch. Any suggestions?

Todd
This would be an excellent first Russian and first 24-hour |>

Most Vostok 24-hour watches have poorly designed dials that work against the effectiveness of 24 hour time (a shame considering the simple reliablity and durability offered by Vostok watches). But this one is different for the following reasons:
- the tip of the minute hand lines up with the minute marks, and the tip of the hour hand lines up with the hour marks,
- batons for the even hours makes reading the minutes easier while still providing enough numbers to make reading the hours easy,
- the combination of gold- and silver-tone brightwork and white lines on a black dial might not be the most elegant aesthetically, but does offer the best legibility over the widest range of ambient lighting,
- it has lume; not great lume, but at least it has it on both hands and even hours,
- the bezel actually has enough marks to be useful.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,537 Posts
Now the hard part. Finding somewhere that has them in stock.

Todd
Hmmm... :think: I see what you mean. There's usually a few for sale on fleabay etc, but not today.

Perhaps you could make enquiries with a reputable seller like Smirs or Vostok-watches.com as to when they might be able to get one.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
There are only three or four "decent" versions of the Vostok 24H (i own the one in the pic, bought from Zenitar on Ebay), with white or black dial. Unfortunately, as said by Chascomm, the other dials are often very kitsch.

So the demand is very low, and the offer is low too. A pity, because they could use the 24H movement for much more actrattive watches.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm... :think: I see what you mean. There's usually a few for sale on fleabay etc, but not today.

Perhaps you could make enquiries with a reputable seller like Smirs or Vostok-watches.com as to when they might be able to get one.
I put my name on the list to email me when one comes in. I hope it isn't long. But even if it is long, I still get my first Russian and first 24HR movement. A win-win, I think.

Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts