WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I just recently got to know the existence and history of russian made watches, mainly vostok. Naturally I got excited, went on ebay and bought this one. I pulled the trigger on it coz i think the ship wheel dial is kind of an interesting take. I'm told it's a 270 case (according to this thread: Vostok Komandirskie Amphibia 270 Case - Help Solve Mystery ). Mine came with some papers but I don't think they match the watch, as I'm learning is often the case. The previous owner told me it was from 1993, I have no idea, don't even know if that matches the case's production years.
I'm happy with it but I'm looking for different bezel options and I'm wondering if any other more experienced vostok owner has some ideas to share for a bezel that goes well with the dial. Share your own mods if you like, I'm always happy to see what fellow watch guys are up to.

PS: Don't mind the bracellet and the code on it, it's from a casio.

·
Registered
228 Posts
That dial is awesome. I would consider one of the Baikal bezels from meranom (blue or silver)
Bezel Baikal blue

Or just a plain black 60 minute bezel with a blackbay style NATO strap to play into the gilt and red hands.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Looks good. I like that it doesn't have a date window; I wish they had more options without the date window. They are too small for me to see anyway plus they are never correct anyway because I don't take the time to set the date each time I wear a watch. I just pull it out of my watch case from my night stand, wind it up and put it on and then it doesn't get work again for a week or two as I cycle through them ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good. I like that it doesn't have a date window; I wish they had more options without the date window. They are too small for me to see anyway plus they are never correct anyway because I don't take the time to set the date each time I wear a watch. I just pull it out of my watch case from my night stand, wind it up and put it on and then it doesn't get work again for a week or two as I cycle through them ...
Yeah I agree with you. This is not an everyday watch so having to set the date everytime would get boring fast.
But you should totally get one of these, this one is my first but it's a really fun watch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts