WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have recently bought a Vostok Amphibia 710 Ministry case, Scuba Dude Dial with the intent of modding it. I did some thinking and I would like to give it a Bezel replacement that could fit a Rolex GMT style Coke Insert, but So far I've only seen Seiko style Bezel Inserts for Vostoks. Is anyone aware of any Vostok Custom Bezels that can fit a Rolex GMT Style Coke Bezel? Is this Possible?

One thing I am having trouble with is figuring out Bezel insert sizes, hardly any of the ebayers Ive seen give statistics on the size of the Bezel inserts....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Why not buy an already existing gmt bezel made for vostok? Rolex inserts dont have the correct size to fit inside the aftermarket vostok bezels.
for example AM bezel is a beautiful choice:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks amazing, I think that style Insert works great with the normal Red and Black color tones of Vostoks. Where did you get that Bezel and Insert?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dutch. This seems like it would be my best bet if I could not find anything else. Ceramic Bezels seem to be hard to come by as well, I will need to find a way to protect the insert from scratches

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Why not buy an already existing gmt bezel made for vostok? Rolex inserts dont have the correct size to fit inside the aftermarket vostok bezels.
for example AM bezel is a beautiful choice:

That watch looks great. I have an AM Diver, pepsi bezel on a 710 case and really like it. The bezel looks perfect, but it was a difficult fit. Once I repent the wire, it finally went on and works correctly, but it was pretty frustrating. Next time I might just get the fully assembled version from AM.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Don't do this if you don't have a watch with a 24 hour hand. It makes no sense. There are others with minute markings instead.
Yes, the gmt bezel paradox. Although I agree with your point the coke colors look great with that dial! Is there a minutes bezel available in black/red? That would be sweet.

I'm dying to do the gmt inserts myself but am not a fan of the Vostok gmt offerings. I'm just waiting for Vostok to make the Gmt movement with central seconds. I'd have a black, root beer and blueberry set immediately!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Yes, the gmt bezel paradox. Although I agree with your point the coke colors look great with that dial! Is there a minutes bezel available in black/red? That would be sweet.

I'm dying to do the gmt inserts myself but am not a fan of the Vostok gmt offerings. I'm just waiting for Vostok to make the Gmt movement with central seconds. I'd have a black, root beer and blueberry set immediately!
http://www.dagazwatch.com/apps/webstore/products/show/47540
http://www.dagazwatch.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2240660
http://www.dagazwatch.com/apps/webstore/products/show/5637297

1 - 12 of 12 Posts