WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe he mentions he did do videos on poising the balance wheel - I'm sure you can look up his channel for that information too (my basic understanding is that the watchmaker removes/adds a little bit of metal to the balance wheel to balance out the weight).

Here's someone else's video on poising a balance wheel. Definitely not something for the novice watchmaker :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw6nApSbTPM

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I believe he mentions he did do videos on poising the balance wheel - I'm sure you can look up his channel for that information too (my basic understanding is that the watchmaker removes/adds a little bit of metal to the balance wheel to balance out the weight).

Here's someone else's video on poising a balance wheel. Definitely not something for the novice watchmaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw6nApSbTPM
True. I know what to do. I just like to see Mr.Lovic doing and explaining things. He is quite good and I love learning from HIM!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Mark is one I always watch as soon as a new vid uploads, Richard Perrett is another, Mike at My Retro Watches another very good teacher in matters of watch work. For hard to find Russian movement work Ratfaced_Git has to be the king as he's doing it at the microscope level and between all of these I have moved from hopeless amateur to at least a journeyman in watch stuff and really only held back by aged eyesight and shaky hands.

I am aiming for a better microscope as the USB one is OK but temperamental with Win 10

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Mark is one I always watch as soon as a new vid uploads, Richard Perrett is another, Mike at My Retro Watches another very good teacher in matters of watch work. For hard to find Russian movement work Ratfaced_Git has to be the king as he's doing it at the microscope level and between all of these I have moved from hopeless amateur to at least a journeyman in watch stuff and really only held back by aged eyesight and shaky hands.

I am aiming for a better microscope as the USB one is OK but temperamental with Win 10
Windows 10 is tempramental full stop..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts