WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Just wondering what the general consensus is on purchasing Vostok from eBay sellers? Obviously common sense says to check the seller's overall rating first, but just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with buying Vostok on eBay and if you can recommend a reputable seller(s)?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Victor is a great eBay seller for them. I had bought several a while back. Darned if I can remember his eBay I D. That is all he sells.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just purchased two ebay Vostok watches, from different ebay vendors in Russia.

Order on 5/11 arrived 5/26. Sent by Russian Post:

Order on 5/11 is stuck at "Shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations" since 5/17:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just purchased two ebay Vostok watches, from different ebay vendors in Russia.

Order on 5/11 is stuck at "Shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations" since 5/17:
No issues, I'm assuming?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Zenitar is a great seller, I've bought all my new vostok watches from him and had only good experiences. Dude's legit.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Zenitar is a great seller, I've bought all my new vostok watches from him and had only good experiences. Dude's legit.
Can you point me to his home page on eBay? I can't find him on there. I might searching the wrong way

·
Registered
228 Posts
Interesting, I guess if you're "away", none of your stuff shows up either. Weird ... you would think the seller would want to continue showing their page even if they're away
He's got nothing listed at the moment, so maybe that's why you can't find him (his shop is listed as "zenitar store"). Some sellers go on vacation (put up a notice - how it's done I don't know as I had never been a seller on fleeceBay) but their items are still listed. But he's legit - my latest purchase from him was on January 30th 2021, the watch left Russia on February 11th, and it's still not here yet*😝. My first purchase from him was in 2006.

Shahrin :cool:

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using TapirTalk

*Update: Just checked on 17track.net a moment ago - apparently this shipment reappeared mysteriously on the system YESTERDAY after about 4 months in the ether; and now it's with the courier driver pending delivery sometime today:D😁

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I'm guessing from how the conversation went so far were talking about new&modern Vostoks.

Zenitar is well mentioned (for good reason), i've bought parts from bestrus a few times with excellent service and he has watches for sale as well, Favinov for custom made parts, and a few other small sellers over the years that some still exist some not.

Usually if it's a new in box Vostok it should be fine with the exception of the long shipping time. (while it hikes on the back of a cart in the Russian tundra, across a few rivers by raft, to reach Sharapovo airport to get lost for a few weeks in package handling)

·
Registered
228 Posts
My much delayed shipment from Zenitar FINALLY arrived this evening, 125 days AFTER it entered the tracking system😁. The package (and its content) was intact and clean, while the goodie inside (a Vostok Amphibia 090657M Scuba Dude) in perfect and fully functioning condition. Now the problem is getting the steel bracelet adjusted to fit my wrist - the Covid related full lockdown just got extended another 2 weeks to June 28th, and the watch shop that I regularly go to is NOT considered an essential service🤦‍♂️

Shahrin :cool:

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using TapirTalk

·
Registered
855 Posts
There's no better feeling than when a package from Russia suddenly reappears. The Komandirskie 650539 GMT that I ordered from Zenitar last month just showed up at my local post office.

Instagram: @vta_watch

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wan

Zenitar watch arrived in Atlanta today after rematerializing in Florida 6/10.

The watch seems fine except for the minor nitpick that the bezel spins way too easily.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I have had no problems with Bestrus for Vostokery, does spares and older models quite nicely priced. 2012putnik is another excellent seller who goes a bit more for protecting watches and includes little Soviet gifts with the watch.

Alex_market_UA I bought my Raketa perpetual calendar from for just under £20 which is a bloody good price for a good timekeeping version of this watch, I got my first Amphibia off of him some years back and its been an absolute diamond, think I paid £20 for that back then too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts